OUR 3-GIG-REVIEW --> TO HELL AND BACK AGAIN <--

SAXONATOR

Crazy even without Drugs
well, this is our very personal tourbook of the gigs. it is not to take for professional. i try to give my best english here and i hope that it is easy to be understood. :cool:

---> you have to click on the small thumbs to see the photos in a bigger size <---

i have to split this post because i get the message:

"You have included 20 images in your message. You are limited to using 15 images so please go back and correct the problem and then continue again" :puke:

copyright 2005 by northernlady, suzie and me :D

on: 30.09.2005 -> Markthalle - Hamburg
on: 01.10.2005 -> Huxleys Neue Welt - Berlin
on: 02.10.2005 -> Zeche - Bochum

well, i don´t know where to begin. i think i will begin in the beginning. first i wanna say that this is not our first two- or three following saxongigs-tour we made. we planned to go to some shows in the beginning of this year. well, everybody knows why this was not possible to make in the end. sorry for the house and the stuff that was destroyed in the life of biffs family. fortunately no one was injured. thanks god for this.

then the new dates came out and so we didn´t need to think much about owning the tickets and organising the places to sleep. no bridges and railway missions this time. we booked some hotels. on one further gig we go for sure - to the warlords of the netherlands in hardenberg. we also wanna go for some more shows but that depends not only on the "i wanna go" if you know what i mean.

well, we three live near dortmund in the ruhrpott of germany. it is the place where the traffic jams are a steady component of the daily terror here. we drove with a golf 2 with a fat saxonsticker on the back. (maybe you remember the car of my saxonstuff thread):

so here comes part 1: HAMBURG

so at 11:00 am on friday the 30th of september we drove off to hamburg to check in at our hotel. it was in the middle of st. georg there which is nearly full in the hands of turkish men and full of live sex shows - gay clubs - video halls - erotic dance halls - bars with topless services and much scanty clothed women. nice anyway but i don´t know which diseases they have so i decided to let my fingers out of them :)

unfortunately the parking lots were not made for my car so the pavement was kissed by my oilsump:

then in the evening we went to the markthalle which we easily reached by foot - it took us only 5 minutes to get there. doors open was at 07:00 pm and then we went straight to the first raw to get the best places. there we saw someone with a yellow baseballcap. well, it was saxonfan from chicago and after some introducing smalltalk we were sure that this gig will be fantastic. the hall filled qickly and faster as we could see there was no place anymore as we turned around. the hall was full. it was FUC&$&$ full. the temperature rised and the air was getting thick. i think i sweated 2 litres of my juices out even before the gig started. there was no fresh air coming in. this hall is really $hit. they agonized us until 09:30 pm. two and a half hours. we never waited that much before. the security men in front of the first raw handed out glasses of water to the fans so they didn´t dehydrate - thanks for this ! i took the water to shower my head a little :Smokin: then the show began. it was a big big party all over. the masses were in heavy action. they pushed from behind that much, so that i wasn´t able to bang and protect my girls standing in front of me any more. they had to leave the show at the half because they are not that big in size and the air was much too hot for them to take. sorry about that. some bunnies asked me if i can cut my legs off or if i could go somewhere behind them. i just told them to come more early to get the best places and that there were no boygroups playing that evening. they were not intelligent enuff to come to the idea that i just protected my little girls not to be sqashed. well, :puke:

because of the sweat, density and action it was not possible for me to take photos of the gig itself. :cry: i was totally bugged and as wet as doros pussy. :loco:

we made some shots aftershows - in the night out with the boys. here are some of them: :headbang:

lucky girls - sorry that they missed half of the gig because of overcrowding and overheating...

me and götz kühnemund - chief editor of the german rock hard magazin
he played the dj after or before the gigs during the tour:

some relaxing aftershows - cheers ! they deserved it - especially nibbs - after signing 4589340 cd-covers for a pseudo-fan. i think one day that covers will appear at e-bay or something *yuck*

owned: :D

got him: :D

these girls are mine: :headbang:

and this guy is toast: :heh:

he didnt wanna kiss me, its just a snapshot: :loco:

me and saxonfan the day after the show.
he was a little bit overtired the night before so he left the aftershow earlier.
we took him with us to berlin because there was a free seat in our car so what ?

time for part 2 : BERLIN

so off we went at 11:00 am by four straight to berlin.

everything was easy to find and the local burger king made our digestion happy. :puke: we arrived at our hotel at 03:00 pm. well, first we looked out for a place where saxonfan could sleep. he could take a single room in the hotel where we booked. but the whole price for 3 hours ? we all needed sleep whenever we were able to. so suzie decided to take him with her as her guest and he slept well in the cozy chair :)

so later that day a little more awake now we drove to the huxleys. it was not so near by the hotel as in hamburg. but that was no problem. we got the best parking place in front of the location. there was a sign which i didn&#180;t know but aftershows i remembered that it means: no parking allowed here. well, luckily i got no ticket :saint:

we went into the hall and before the show g&#246;tz looked out for the oldest saxon-shirt, the most original 19-80-something-look and so on. everyone got a little present. we said to him: do you look for the most far traveled ? we got one from chicago with us and he said: get him on the stage now... ;) so northerlady pushed saxonfan right onto the stage. he was a little shy-nervous and didn&#180;t know what happened to him. before he realized what went on he was on the stage and after a little smalltalk with g&#246;tz he came back with wabbeling knees and a nice present. the dvd from the 2003 rock hard festival in gelsenkirchen. (i think he would say: i was TO HELL AND BACK AGAIN) :headbang: this dvd was made on THAT day, when saxon played 2 gigs on the same day. i think it&#180;s biff&#180;s favourite hobby. at 05:00 pm they played in monza and at 11:00 pm they were back in germany to rock us hard :headbang: on this day the song "flying on the edge" was born. :D

before the gig we met saxonmckenz who already celebrated his
birthday a little bit - cheers !

three nations - one thought: to hell and back again !

unfortunaltely we d&#237;dn&#180;t meet paxoman and sammi but the time will come. 1000 beers to you ! saxonmckenz told us aftershows that the banner which was thrown on the stage during the show was made by him. (or them..., well...) you will see it on the photos. now i have to write the next reply because the 15 smilies-limit is reached :loco:

what ? crusader ? its not crusader time.
it´s a new song - we´re playing old songs tonight.
read the fu..... program before you buy your tickets....

suzie holds on:

nibbs can sing too ! (the cameraman nerved a little bit...)
but they make a new dvd. wonder when it will be relased.
i think it comes with a new album somewhere in time...

even nigel is to be seen on this photo. (use the zoom ;) )

biff uses the old wooden (not rotten) guitar to make rainbows frozen:
we loved it...

don´t know what to say to this photo. he said something i think.
after this song we had to grab it from deep down somewhere...
and we had to give him the fu..... "eins" "zwei" "drei" - straight to head.
and YOU know what that means :headbang:

after playing 39 extra-songs (and of course they recompensed us with crusader) -
they were tired and not able to bang any more: :D

see ya tomorrow in bochum folks:

it was a fantastic show. not so crowded as in hamburg. a big nice hall with a good acoustic. a big enuff stage so that everyone loves to play there i think. i missed the eagle a little bit. but, you can not have everything.

after the show we made (as always) a little smalltalk with our darlings.

after midnight i grabbed some champagne for northernlady.
happy birthday to you ! a saxongig was the best birthday present she could imagine.

later that evening i tried to get some more beer for us but...
... no beer any more. the bar was closed. grrrrrrrrrr :cry:

in the night it was dark and raining and nearly no sight at all so we got lost in berlin. we lost nearly an hour on our way back to the hotel. saxonfan had to leave in the morning so we sat with him in the entrance hall of the hotel and drank litres of coffee and cola and talked about private things and that we must meet again somehow somewhere sometime. it was hard to let him go. but thats life. we swapped some little presents and finally his taxi came at 04:30 am. we went off to sleep the little time which remained. and now its time for the last gig on our 3-days-tour. saxonfan said that he will be with us in spirit. and so we took his spirit with us for the next gig.

time for part 3: BOCHUM

after the nearly 500 km from berlin to bochum (we three are all living in a small radius around the venue) we were very knackered. especially me because the girls relaxed a little bit in the car. i managed to sleep only one hour before i had to get my ass moved again. stand up and be counted i thought by myself and forced me to make the day. we were by six that evening because some friends of us joined in order to see the mighty saxon at least once in their lifetime. they loved it. aftershows northernlady made a little birthday party at our home. bochum was the first gig saxon sold out. even berlin and hamburg was THAT crowded that i understand it as sold out also. but it is late now and my power to write and to head-translate is nearly out now :loco: . so let pictures speak:

thanks for this great show. the hardenberg gig will come - tickets are bought - and we are looking forward to that.

well, i hope you enjoyed my little story and i wish you a nice weekend planning your next saxongigs :headbang:

beers go out to:

biff, paul, doug, nibbs and nigel for their godlike music
northernlady and suzie for their emotional support
saxonfan for travelling half around the globe and his kindness
saxonmckenz, paxoman and sammi
and of course all saxonfans around the globe to keep saxon alive !

:headbang: SAXON FOREVER :headbang:

cu and good night :zzz:

Yeah, thanks so much for sharing your review and the awesome photos!

Absolutely top notch mate!!!

Cheers!!!!

Great review Saxonator...Thanks for sharing your thoughts here..

Maybe I find the time to add my Ludwigsburg review somewhen over the weekend..

Karsten

Top notch review! Well done mate! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

It is a shame that we didn't meet up with you all, but hopefully there will be a next time. By the way, me and Sammi were standing opposite where the bouncer guy was standing in front of the stage at the Berlin gig.

Absolutely fantastic review - It was very easy to read and funny too! Your hospitality and friendliness towards Saxonfan touched my heart - it's great that Saxon fans from around the world will unite to help each other :worship: You sound like lovely people :)

wow ! it´s a fantastic audience in here tonight. i go on my knees. thank you very much !

Karsten said: Maybe I find the time to add my Ludwigsburg review somewhen over the weekend.. <-- not maybe, you MUST ! :headbang:

Paxoman said: hopefully there will be a next time <-- our time will come...

Sammi951 said: it's great that Saxon fans from around the world will unite <-- heavy metal doesn´t care about skin colours, races, nations, religions or politics. it´s peace in the purest way i think !

Sammi951 said: You sound like lovely people <-- saxonfan says that too - we miss him... it´s hard... he says: saxon melts borders and that´s what we think too :headbang:

nice to see that you like our little story. i am feeling very honored :worship:

Absolutely brilliant review Saxonator and lots of fantastic pictures. It certainly sounds as if those gigs were totally amazing and you all had the best time ever. Saxon forever:headbang: :headbang: !!!!! I must remember and take camera to Edinburgh with me next week.

Hi, wow i wish i was there, to share the passion for the band. Thanks for give me the chance to see that awsome pictures. Maybe someday Saxon plays in Chile (Southamerica) and my dream come true. You know i'm a big fan from the 80&#180;s, when a friend of mine come from UK and he gave to me like a gift a Saxon's tape (Strong Arm Of The Law). From that day Saxon is part of my life. See ya and thanks again.