our trip to london astoria. saxon

saxon747rock

Oct 19, 2003
york
Visit site
First of the new album lionheart is the best for me so far closly followed my unleash ok that out the way.

Me and my girlfriend set of from york north yorkshire on the 2nd oct about 7.15am, this was my 20th saxon concert and my girlfriends 1st saxon concert baptism of fire yeah. We went down in the car and got to the outskirts of london 9 mile of the centre about 11am ish, and the car decides it wants a rest cutting out right on a busy round a bout great stuff not 200 odd mile away from home no breackdown cover oh shit. After a few mins it decides to start up gets it to the side of the road with steam coming out of it what more could we ask for and all im thinking is of god were going to miss the concert. Anyhow after waiting a while we toppped the water up and lucky enough we get on our way again. Next thing to do was find the centre of london and some accomondation as luck would have it all the cheapish places filled up and the other ones costing at least 300 pounds a night, small change i think not so we gave that up as a lost cause in the end and started to look for charing cross. Not easy when youve got traffic up your arse and you dont no where youre going, so we decided to park up and walk it first to find out how to get there 4 quid for 1 hr parking, so we worked it out got back to the car and found the nearest long stay car park which in the end cost us just short of 30 pounds ouch. Into the concert we got and right to the front just in front of nibbs great stuff and a great concert must of been somewhere between 2hrs 15 mins to 2 and a half hrs. Great stuff couldent have asked for anything better and nice and loud as well. We gets out the concert couldent find the car park cause everything at night when you dont no a place looks different, after 20 mins or so and asking people for there help we find the car. drove back home and got back about 3 ish in the morning well knackered and very happy. We got some pics as well so when we get them developed well send em to this site so you all can see em hope they come out ok.

So posotive things about the concert was the concert thanks to saxon for a great album lionheart and a great concert.

Negative things about the concert none at all, apart from dont forget about ya fans in yorkshire saxon and why you guys couldent have played at least one concert in yorkshire somewhere ill never no, it would have saved us a fortune in car parks pertrol etc etc and you saxon are from yorkshire please dont forget next tour. :D

Were you and your lady wearing leather jackets? I was right down the front, near Nibbs too! :) So, how did your girlfriend enjoy her first Saxon gig? I have only seen them four times, but of all the gigs I have ever been to, I have to say - I have never enjoyed any gig as much as I have enjoyed the Saxon ones.

I know what you mean - A gig in Yorkshire, or better still, Manchester, would be superb!! Saw them in Bolton a couple of years ago - not the best (or easiest) place to get to - a central Manchester gig would be easier for a lot of people to get to, including folk from Yorkshire :)

Yeah sammi thanks me girlfriend enjoyed her first saxon concert loved it, and yeah we had the black leather jackets on, in front of nibbs, and dam me first saxon concert in 20 where i couldent head bang cause the heavy down pour of rain fucked me hair up before we went in looked liked been dragged through a headge backwards hahahaha, But apart from that a great night thanks.

Were just hopeing that the photos come out. Glad you enjoyed ya night.

Ah yes that downpour! We were on our way to the Intrepid Fox when the heavens opened, so we dived into the nearest pub. It wasn't until we ordered our drinks that we noticed that Sammi was the only woman in the pub. Then we saw the gay papers on the bar and realised that we were in a gay bar! So I go and have a look at what was on the jukebox, thinking Sammi was standing behind me. Ten minutes later I turn around and Sammi is still at the bar and I'm standing in the middle of this gay bar by meself! Thanks Sammi!

:headbang: hi all im saxon747 girlfriend ooooooyessss very good night at gig .my 1st time at the front of a concert but loved it was good seein biff 4 first time . nibbs jumped of that platform thingy thourt he was goin 2 fall on me lol wish lololol . got boyfriend a plaque of saxon so he can play with it lol

I was standing right near you then Saxon747rock! I know what you mean about Nibbs, Mrs Saxon747 ;) There's something about a man with a guitar, leather trousers and long hair, isn't there? ;) Not that I was interested of course, being there with my man...ahem.... :D :Smug: :oops:

Paxoman said:
Ah yes that downpour! We were on our way to the Intrepid Fox when the heavens opened, so we dived into the nearest pub. It wasn't until we ordered our drinks that we noticed that Sammi was the only woman in the pub. Then we saw the gay papers on the bar and realised that we were in a gay bar! So I go and have a look at what was on the jukebox, thinking Sammi was standing behind me. Ten minutes later I turn around and Sammi is still at the bar and I'm standing in the middle of this gay bar by meself! Thanks Sammi!
What brought it to my attention was the look the barman gave me - he looked at me like I was an alien or something! :lol: All those nice "same sex" couples drinking halves of lager and lime was a bit of a giveaway too! Besides, I left you at the jukebox 'cos I was preparing to do the YMCA dance, or my own rendition of Gloria Gaynor's "I will survive"! :lol:

:yow:
Sammi951 said:
I was standing right near you then Saxon747rock! I know what you mean about Nibbs, Mrs Saxon747 ;) There's something about a man with a guitar, leather trousers and long hair, isn't there? ;) Not that I was interested of course, being there with my man...ahem.... :D :Smug: :oops:
:yow: o yes sammi he cud fallen bit closer lol im mrs saxon747rock lol :wave: hi