THE BIGGEST REVIEW EVER - PART 1

SAXONATOR

Crazy even without Drugs
this is part 1 of our inner sanctum 2007 reviews

5 or more will follow... still making plans to join the astoria - we´ll see...

remark: the pictures are watermarked to prevent that some brainless online-magazine-shitters falsely take all the credit

when someone wants to get them in original size and quality without watermark - just give me a pm

spammers and one-post-members wouldn´t get them anyway :)

you can read this little thread as a pre-story of what will come:

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/saxon/290171-richard-has-landed.html

now let´s go:

SAXON IN COLOGNE ON 13TH OF MARCH 2007:

good morning folks. here we are - the three stooges - and we wanna share our thoughts and memories with you.

first there were some tickets:

now we gave ourself another morning full of musicvideos from past times. ozzy, acdc, maiden and similar. it was 2 pm now and we had to go. off to cologne we drove heading to the mighty saxondome there:

The Dome of Cologne

here is the outer sanctum:

one picture from the rear:

and one from the front:

okay, it was not the saxondome lol. richard was well impressed by the size and view of that historical building. we went around and made some nice shots after visiting the dome treasure chamber which richard will show his family to prove that there were other things around than just crazy germans, warsteiner and saxongigs.

after that we were heading to a bistro to get a base for the next beers. then off to the venue. we arrived far too early as always and so we opened the windows as well as the trunk and while the amplification did its best to rock the neighbours we enjoyed the beer-support out of the trunk. then it was time to stand in the queue:

we met doug phoning outside and said: "welcome back to germany" as it was the first gig here on this tour. we asked him if he was looking for a ticket but he said he don´t need one :)

now at 7:25 rose tattoo began the show. we liked this fast oldschool rock´n´roll songs - they really rocked! i made some pictures of them in oberhausen so stay tuned.

at about 8:15 plasterman climbed on the stage and gave their best to make a good show but that what i´ve heard didn´t make my feet stamp even a little bit. all the songs began quite good but 10 - 20 seconds later it was over. they changed the speed and the rhythm many times in their songs so that i asked myself what they lost there - the crowd came for heavy metal. the voice of the singer was far to low - i didn´t understand a word of what he sung...

finally the show began at 9:30. jumping ! banging ! screaming ! bumping ! a girl in the back got crazy even before the show. she screamed like she had the first multi-orgasm in her life. maybe some day she will get used to it. after 20 minutes she wasn´t seen any more - i think that was too much for her.

now the saxon five conquered the stage and they conquered the masses in an unbelievable speed and power. the moshing in the middle was very powerful and - painful. we had to cover northernlady and did our very best to push them back into the witchkettle again. they moshed nearly about the whole show so there was a really crazy and powerful atmosphere in the hall. unbelievable. i hadn´t experienced that before so powerful.

they played mostly very powerful songs as you can see at the setlist at the end so they took us everything we fucking got.

nigel was only seen at the end of the gig because his drumkit is well equipped - but what everyone was able to see was his little representative - the little skull at the front.

in the beginning biff told us that they have a new cd/dvd out. i forgot the title. hmmmmmm maybe one day i will buy it.

i enjoyed the view of biff´s coat. the 7 cows needed to be cleaned or something but he can´t wear that heavy robe forever but i really liked it.

biff told us again that they got a new cd out just to make sure everyone got it.

they played some medleys - that was something new - we really enjoyed them

they got some new spots as you can see in the pictures. the lighting effects were really exciting ! hightech at it´s best !

the sound was very good - we made sure to have enuff earplugs before we started to make sure that we can enjoy some more gigs without going to the kitchen because the electric water jug is always piping...

biff asked the crowd again if he told them already that there is a new cd out...

but yes, he remarked it before :)

these guys really made our day: we reached the first step on the stairway to heaven today :worship:

outside i got a first glimpse of the stagetruck:

after the show we went to the merchandiser to see if there´s something new to get. we let a lot of money there... we were looking for a long time for new belts and we found what our hearts demanded. see it in the saxonstuff-thread:

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/saxon/169940-show-your-saxonstuff-3.html

so off we went home with a smile in our faces - we couldn´t await the next day. i began to write this review but i hadn´t enuff time to complete it

so i hope you enjoy it now

the setlist (not in the correct order)

state of grace
crusader
let me feel your power
red star falling
atila the hun
i have got to rock
great white buffalo
dallas 1 pm
747 - strangers in the night
witchfinder general
forever free
requiem - we will remember
travellers in time
ashes to ashes
killing ground
to hell and back again
if i was you
the power and the glory
and the bands played on
princess of the night
wheels of steel
denim and leather

as i said before that they played some medleys but i don´t know which songs were included but i am sure that no song was forgotten

stay tuned for the other reviews to come - will take some time....

right now saxonfan is in the air above the states again. we brought him to the airport today morning - with big tears in our eyes. i am sure that they could fill the chicago river. we made a photo at the departures and i know that i will hate that photo when i will unload it from the cam some day...

well, his wife and the kids will be very happy again when they pick him up at the airport in about 1,5 hours. cheers to katie for letting him go to where the other side of his heart is !!! we are still not able to listen to "requiem" or "the return". we gave us these songs in the car on the way back home and that was no good idea. but we will remember ! we´ll meet again somewhere.

remember.jpg

also a big hug and many many thanks to fingers, goss, huw and of course to the bandmembers, matjes, john as well as to all the other fans we met and banged, jumped and sang together - it was so much fun. also thx to pax & sammy for the short but nice chat - be sure you were with us in mind all the time ! read more about it later this week.

saxonator northernlady and saxonfan in march 2007

I had a wet beard after seeing you all go off in the Saxonmobile !!! Very moving experience !! Thanks for some incredible memories !! We will Remember !!!:headbang: :kickass:

Cheers,

Goss.