Saxon need you!

Paxoman

Sep 10, 2002
A stranger in a strange land!
Visit site
I just bought a couple more tickets for the gig at the Astoria. I asked the bloke at the ticket office how many tickets have been sold. He said about half, which is less then they expected to sale. :(

I know Saxon have put adverts in kerrang and classic rock. Don't know about Metal Hammer or any other rock mag. Don't know if it has been advertised on Totalrock radio either.

The management/promoters don't seem to be pulling their finger out, so we might as well do it for them. Everyone out there could start mentioning it on all the websites they go on. Even if your not going to the Astoria gig yourselves, spread the word anyway!

I don't know about you, but I will be gutted if it is only half full at the Astoria. Saxon deserve a full house, so let's help them get it. If the last three years at the LA2 is anything to go by, the Astoria gig will be cracking. Especially with the eagle making a welcome return.

Come on, let's do this for the lads.

I wish I could do something, but it's hard to do something from from this place :(

I AM DOING MY BIT.MY MATE IN LONDON IS GOING NAD HE DONT LIKE METAL MUCH OR SAXON BUT I TOLD HIM HOW GOOD THEY ARE LIVE SO HE BROUGHT A TICKET.ONE OF ME MATE INLEICESTER IS GOING I TALKED HIM INTO IT.HE LIKES NWOBHM BUT WOULD HAVE DREMPT OF GOING CAUSE HE DONT LISTEN TO THAT KINNDA STUFF NOW DAYS BUT HE GOING FOR OLD TIMES SAKE AND HIS BROTHERS GOING AS WELL ,HE LIVES IN LONDON AND SAID HE WOULD TAG A LONG FOR THE NIGHT HE MORE PUNK THAN METAL BUT HE IS UP FOR IT.

If they would only come to Stockholm again I'd bring everyone I know to the gig. Absolutely. I'd walk the streets telling people that Saxon are coming...
I need Saxon!

We're coming from Edinburgh but most of my mates wouldn't go and see them here never mind travelling to London. I hope they get the sell-out that they deserve, but like most of my mates, maybe the thousands of fans that Saxon once had, have also sold-out. Sad really but here's hoping. :cry:

Originally posted by Paxoman
Nice one wilks! :headbang:

I've posted on the Dio and Iron Maiden sites so far. Tried the Judas Priest site but the bastard wouldn't let me on! :rolleyes:

I thought the Official JP board was letting people post without any delay. Did that change? Are they back to censoring the board again? That really SUCKS!!!

after reading what u guys said about poor ticket sales. i got down to business:

i have foned metal hammer and they said that there is no advert in their magazine because they are based around new (nu) metal.

i spoke to the staff at the astoria and asked if they could post more adverts and banners on more rock sites and they replied that it was their job. the PR team and the saxon members would have to organise that, they also mention that is is probably to late to print any new ads in magazines due to the gig being about 6 days away.

i hav also called as many friends as i can think of who would like saxon, and i have convinced 4 more to come.

i hope i am doing my bit to make this show really worth while. i don't want to go to my first saxon gig and have a shit half full astoria. i know that it is a great venue and that when full the atmoshpere is amazing, i witnessed that at slayer.
so lets all do our bit to keep the wheels of steel rolling.

Well done "younger Saxon fan".

Keep trying and don't worry half full or not Saxon always give 110% and that goes for us lot as well so the atmosphere wii be great.

:)

thanx fingers, i'm still trying to bug those companies to put out ads and what have you.

i'm glad to hear that saxon are amazing live. i saw O/D saxon live last february and that was my first ever concert, so naturally i thought that they were great, on reflection they were ok, not amazing, but still not dull. they have however been over shadowed by other gigs i hav been to, such as iron maiden, slayer, bloodstock. etc etc.

long live metal..........and can sunday 26th please hurry up. :D

Well done younger saxon fan, that's fine work!

Yeah it will be very disappointing if the astoria is only half full. But even if it is, that won't affect Saxons performance, they will still totally kick arse! If you thought O/D were good (I've seen em, they are crap!), you wait til sunday!

congratulations to everybody who has helped convince other people/companies etc to advertise/buy saxon tickets it seems it is just about sold out.

all the major internet ticket outlets are sold out; ticket master, ticket web and metaltix.com all state that they are sold out and stargreen.com is stating that they have only 5 left.

this is great news, so lets all congratulate ourselves on a fine effort.:)