Saxon new album news.

Wyvern

Master of Disaster
Staff member
Nov 24, 2002
Long-running British heavy metallers SAXON have set "Lionheart" as the title of their new album, due on September 20 through SPV Records. Taking care of all drumming duties on the CD is Jörg Michael (STRATOVARIUS), who will also join the group on their upcoming tour, according to Germany's Rock Hard magazine. Previous SAXON skinsman Fritz Randow has reportedly left the band in order to concentrate on other projects and may rejoin the group at some point in the future.
Well I would have preferred Nigel Glocker back if Randow muts leave, but Michael is a good drummer (and since Stratocircus is kaput...). In any case I like the album name :D

Yea, yea some good Saxon news! I like their last few albums. They still kick ass live. have you seen their DVD? "The Saxon Chronicles" great stuff!

Saxon Chronicles is one of my favorite DVDs (along with Alice Cooper and Manowar ones), this concert in Wacken had something special :worship:

I'm looking forward to the new stuff!

Fangface said:
Yes, "Brutally Planet" featuring his whole stage production, awesome! :)
I have that one. A bit of a fluke, really, as I'm not the hugest Alice Cooper fan, but for some reason I was in the buying mood when I saw it.

It's very good, but maybe not quite a favorite. The band was really good, however ... better than I expected. Coop's stage chat on a few songs is, well, goofy. But the high points on that DVD are very high indeed. Best performance of "I'm Eighteen" ever!

I'll but this one but it will be at a high cost. I have no other Saxon on CD but I am a fan. I have Crusader, Denim & Leather, Destiny, Solid Ball of Rock, Strong Arm of the Law, and The Eagle Has Landed on tape somewhere. Ugh! This is gonna cost me...

Psychonaut said:
I'll but this one but it will be at a high cost. I have no other Saxon on CD but I am a fan. I have Crusader, Denim & Leather, Destiny, Solid Ball of Rock, Strong Arm of the Law, and The Eagle Has Landed on tape somewhere. Ugh! This is gonna cost me...
Saxon has been for me the most difficult band to get on CD. It took me since the first I got on that format ("Solid Ball Of Rock") 1990 up to 2001 when I got finally "Destiny" (from 1987). I had to got some from Japan and some when finally Axe Killer reissued them. That's why Saxon is one of the few bands I never got rid of the vinyls (just in case). The werdeist one is the debut which I got on a strange resissue that have the pic of the booklet smaller, the best is the reissue of "Destiny" that comes with two great bonus tracks (unlike "Innocence Is No Excuse" that have two songs of "Crusader" as bonus :ill: ). I have CDs from USA, Japan, Austria, France, and Germany :D . Is all a matter of patience more than a matter of money.