Saxon shaped picture disc

Rhian

New Metal Member
Aug 24, 2003
Aberystwyth
Visit site
Hi there everyone

I need some help from all the Saxon boffins out there.

My boyfriend is a HUGE Saxon fan (I'm just a newbie but luv them already)

Anyway, he says there was a picture disc made that was shaped like an eagle. I'm just wondering if there's anyone out there that could tell me which single it was for, when it was released and if they know anywhere I can get one.

He's got the 'S' shaped one but I'd luv to find this other one for him.

Thanks
RHian :Spin: :loco:

Damn if there is one around I ain't got it!

There are actually two shaped with the "S" though. Ride Like The Wind came out like it first and then later Requim (we will remember) came out like it as well.

Sorry I can't help with the eagle shaped one.

Here;s a pic

rtn-s-p.jpg

I buy record collector every month and Saxon fall into a strange collectors bracket.Saxon records are worth fuck all I can't work it out.They have maintained a cult following evan in the bad years(you know the ones i'm talking about).Maybe it was lack of new songs on b sides,maybe they just never did it for everyone except for the hardcore.But which ever way you look at it evan shaped picture discs and gatefold singles are worth shit.Yet Venom at war with satan on blue disc is worth £40.

I know how u feel wilks,, when in the mid to late 80's when i was a student in london,, i had to sell my record collection,,,,,, i went to two in soho,, one was shades, but they werent interested, the othere was a store on berwick street, (where the fruit and veg market is), it was a afew shops down from the King of corsica pub!, i was amazed at the other bands pic discs where selling for, and how much they wanted to pay me for my saxon pic discs etc, i regret selling them all,,,,,,, but thats lfe, id like them back now!,,, one record i refused to sell was was a signed copy of of marrilions, Misplaced childhood, i cued up for ages at HMV on Oxford street , and missed my lectures for that, i still have it, i only wish i kept my original saxon albums to that date,,,,,, ive replaced some of them, but not in there original record company format,,,, but thats life hey! lol ,,, id rather have my old scratched and worn ones back!, than the replacements,,,,,,,sigh