Saxon US dates being cancelled???

I'll be on 42+Bway at BBKings. I didnt buy a ticket yet, but I will certainly get one when the week comes and there are no cancel notices. Count me and my friends in for 7 or 8 tix. see yall there!

lastv8 said:
would the name of that bar be Bogarts?

nah it wasn't bogart's (unless they changed names since 1998) it was a small bar type hole in the wall place on the east side of Cincinnati off the loop. Don't want to mention the name of the place unless they come there again. But it was a great show. Just knowing that there were only about 50-75 people watching Saxon play scorching metal while in Europe they play to crowds of over 60,000+ and you can't get with 100 ft of Biff or the band makes it all that more exciting! Just to give you a hint...when I saw them in Cincinnati in 1998, Glocker had JUST been replaced the week before by Fritz Randow, so I never saw them with Glockler.

SWEET SWEET SWEET!!! THEY ARE COMING BACK!!! I'm going to see them at the Cleveland gig for sure!!! and my brother will see them in San Antonio for sure!!!

EXCELLENT!!!!!

I wonder if they will be in town early enough to do a record signing? maybe during their sound check or something... I'd love to have Biff sign my copy of their first album!!! plus my copies of their Power and the Glory, Innocence is no Excuse and Rock the Nations programmes...

YEEEHAWW!!!

now all I have to do is wait for it!!!

-Imp

devilridesout said:
nah it wasn't bogart's (unless they changed names since 1998) it was a small bar type hole in the wall place on the east side of Cincinnati off the loop. Don't want to mention the name of the place unless they come there again. But it was a great show. Just knowing that there were only about 50-75 people watching Saxon play scorching metal while in Europe they play to crowds of over 60,000+ and you can't get with 100 ft of Biff or the band makes it all that more exciting! Just to give you a hint...when I saw them in Cincinnati in 1998, Glocker had JUST been replaced the week before by Fritz Randow, so I never saw them with Glockler.

I looked on the BBkings website, and THERE IS A RAP GROUP PLAYING IN THE SLOT SAXON HAD.

*steaming*

****ing *******

I spoke to Biff in Germany a couple days ago,he did confirm there is no NY show due to visa problems.The dates just confirmed on the site seem accurate according to Biff.Not sure of the San Antonio gig though....

saxonfan said:
I spoke to Biff in Germany a couple days ago,he did confirm there is no NY show due to visa problems.The dates just confirmed on the site seem accurate according to Biff.Not sure of the San Antonio gig though....

visa problems? But he can have a show in Allentown PA THAT SAME WEEK? Thats nonsense. There should be a NYC date at least SOMEWHERE.

What a bloody mess! They are playing, they are not. No wonder not many people go, because nobody knows what the hell is going on. Who is going to plan to travel any great distance and book a hotel etc, when nobody knows what is going on? You are not going to bother unless you are local. Talk about not being able to organise a piss up in a brewery.

Paxoman said:
What a bloody mess! They are playing, they are not. No wonder not many people go, because nobody knows what the hell is going on. Who is going to plan to travel any great distance and book a hotel etc, when nobody knows what is going on? You are not going to bother unless you are local. Talk about not being able to organise a piss up in a brewery.

I fully agree here with Paxoman.. it seems organisation-talent is a natures gift!

Nothing against the band, but I remember ticketmaster and Saxon both having dates up on the Net for the Metalhead US tour. Then, about a month later all signs of it disappeared. Obviously something always goes wrong with their US tours. I guess I'll have to live with the memory of seeing them in 1998. I also drove over 500 miles from the NC/VA border to Cincinnati when I saw them in '98, and the ticket was $8.00!!!

devilridesout said:
Nothing against the band

Ok I understand. But all those managers and ticketmasters ( I shit on most of them)... People wanna have a concert in New York? Well I would say : When you fans, are able to gather at least 500 New york saxon Fans or whatever they come from and you can organize something by e-mail, you have that in the USA?:D , when that is achieved : book a concert fascillity (It doesnt have to be that big at all, in the Netherlands the saxon concert I went was in a small Sportshall, very smooth) then Immediately give the tickets...after paying and then a concert in 2weeks.Is that a solution? and you do the same for all the USA states! It sounds easy! Ok I admit, but what is against easy..?

Right now I am just soooo pissed off! I had to go beg my boss for the night off and the following day for the NY show that got canceled. I didn't want to chance getting home home super late that night so I took the following day off as well. Well it's all for nothing now.

And wait there's hope! Saxon are playing in NJ! Alright! Hell that's alot closer! And it's on a Saturday. Well guess what? My wife's going in for surgery the day before. It's nothing too serious. But I certainly can't got to a concert and leave my wife at home alone to recouperate.

FUCK!!!

Anyone know if the November 9th and 10th dates will be included in the tour, or are they open dates? From the looks of the tour schedule the 9th and 10th of November could possibly include the cities of St. Louis, Cincinnati or Nashville. Sometimes they book smaller venues at the last minute. Im hoping for Atlanta or Nashville seeing as I'm closer to those.

devilridesout said:
Anyone know if the November 9th and 10th dates will be included in the tour, or are they open dates? From the looks of the tour schedule the 9th and 10th of November could possibly include the cities of St. Louis, Cincinnati or Nashville. Sometimes they book smaller venues at the last minute. Im hoping for Atlanta or Nashville seeing as I'm closer to those.

here is a vote for cincinnati