say something about what the forumer above you is listening to

Never really listened to The Mountain Goats much, but I've always enjoyed that song whenever it was on. As for Hail Spirit Noir, that video is only kind of a representation of all that they do. If anything, they are a lot more like a cross between Amorphis and Heritage era Opeth on most of their music. Listen to Into the Gates of Time or When All is Black.

Not sure if I like that Mountain Goats song or not... it's kinda weird. I hate it and love it at the same time.

New Meshuggah kinda rules.

Last edited by a moderator:
^Started off sounding like some gay ass Chicago shit. Fast-forwarded, still sounded too gay. Probably responsible for killing the thread.

Honestly, I'm drunk and bold enough to attempt to revive and old thread, plus I've discovered so many new good songs and bands (Cemetary Rapist being one of them) through this thread. Hope to see more

Amazing. Anneke is the only female singer who should be allowed to sing in metal. Everyone else sounds either too poppy or too operatic.

I can't get that damn Gotye song out of my head. It annoyed me at first and then it slowly wrapped its tentacles around my brain, reminding me of Peter Gabriel's finer moments. Now I like it.

naw, its a catchy tune that shit happens sometimes. this 5 person folk band covered it on one guitar and it's actually pretty awesome.

Walk off the earth is actually just one guy (the one in the middle) who sometimes uses other musicians for some of his projects.

Much better. The new Testament is badass. It's amazing how all these old thrash bands are coming out with pretty good albums lately.

The new Testament album is mostly pretty good (it's much better than a lot of their last efforts), but the song that stands out more than any other is the one above. It's sooooo good. Does anyone else think that a lot of those riffs would have fit somewhere on TGE and that the solo sounds almost like something Jeff might have done as a rough draft? That song actually reminds me of a hybrid of Iced Earth, Metallica and Nevermore more than it does Testament.