say something about what the forumer above you is reading

DarkNoise

Grotesque Butchery Rabbit
I know, the thread will probably die off a LOT sooner than the forever-on-going listening to thread. but I don't see nearly enough book topics in here dammit!

immortalremains.jpg

30 Days of Night: Immortal Remains
Niles, Steve & Mariotte, Jeff

I give the book an overall C- so far. The first actual novel they released for the series was probably a B, but they really lost something in this one. Too much useless sections that are great for gore but do nothing at all for the story. At least tie it in somehow.

I've never been a big fan of gore, and a C- isn't a good enough grade to pique my interest.

Right now I am reading Shogun.

200px-book_cover_shogun.jpg

Haven't read it and wasn't really sure this deserved a series.

Currently reading the Apocalypse Shift By Derek Goodman.
Night Shift at the One Stop Mart (nightly) save the world from doom, vampires, zombies etc.

Pretty damned funny book.

Cannot recommend strongly enough that you explore further horizons in fantasy/speculative fiction. Terry Goodkind SERIOUSLY declines in quality as you go further. Try something like, say, Daniel Abraham's Long Price Quartet which I am currently rereading - it explores traditional fantasy tropes and plotlines from a distinctly non-heroic (as in "normal dude" not "villain") perspective, and has a setting unique in Western canon.

My most recent first read was James Morrow's Towing Jehovah. I laughed a lot, I teared up a bit, and I thought seriously about what the big deal is with humans and "God." But mostly I laughed.

Cannot recommend strongly enough that you explore further horizons in fantasy/speculative fiction. Terry Goodkind SERIOUSLY declines in quality as you go further. Try something like, say, Daniel Abraham's Long Price Quartet which I am currently rereading - it explores traditional fantasy tropes and plotlines from a distinctly non-heroic (as in "normal dude" not "villain") perspective, and has a setting unique in Western canon.

My most recent first read was James Morrow's Towing Jehovah. I laughed a lot, I teared up a bit, and I thought seriously about what the big deal is with humans and "God." But mostly I laughed.

I'm not one to stop reading/watching/playing a series that I have begun, but I'll be sure to make note of your recommendations when I'm done reading them!

I've probably done it a few times before, but to everyone who likes to read Fantasy, I heartily recommend Ian Irvine's Well of Echoes-Quartet. It's dark, grim fantasy without the hackneyed clichés. No dragons, no swords in stones, none of that bullshit, but a bitter story with refreshing takes on both the subjects of technology and magic. Definitely worth giving a try if you're looking for something to read.

Image no work.

Just picked up Christopher Hitchens' [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Thomas-Jefferson-Author-America-Eminent/dp/0060598964"]biography[/ame] of Thomas Jefferson.

Now I have many books to read. Time to start reading. BRB

Never read the book, but Thomas Jefferson is one of the most interesting people in american history.

Currently reading
Ciaphas_Cain.jpg

and
The_Return_of_the_Black_Company.jpg