say something about what the forumer above you is listening to

well i can list at least one negative thing about Ghost's growing popularity, the fucking show feb 3 in SF sold out at least 3 weeks ahead of time!!@$#

:yell:

Something I forgot to say about the video: George was always my favourite beatle.

I remember when I used to think like this about certain bands I really liked. Then I grew up and realized that all I was doing was creating unnecessary negativity. Who fucking cares about what anyone else likes or doesn't? It doesn't need to be a thing at all.

It's not about other people liking bands or not. The older I get the more I realise, how hypes like that aren't caused by the quality of a band. They're created by the industry and by magazines (at least here in europe, can't say much about the US). Right now the hype's around Ghost, just a matter of time till the next band is found. It's some sort of a proof for the hypocrisy of the metal scene, which is so proud to not follow any trends.
Having said that: Ghost is an amazing band.

Yeah, fuck ever being anything other than ultra underground to the point where almost no one has heard the awesome music you're able to produce. It's better that you fade away into obscurity instead of having your 15 minutes. :heh:

The scenario you're describing kind of sounds like what went on over here in the late 80's to early 90's with all of the metal magazines. MTV didn't do much for metal in that regard, because by the time they decided to jump on the hype bandwagon, they were selling rap. The counterpoint though is that a band can actually be really good and be majorly hyped up in media (see: Metallica and Mercyful Fate).

As far as Ghost goes; I like their album, but it's far too short. I also like Elizabeth, Death Knell and Con Clavi Con Dio the most.

Something I forgot to say about the video: George was always my favourite beatle.

It's not about other people liking bands or not. The older I get the more I realise, how hypes like that aren't caused by the quality of a band. They're created by the industry and by magazines (at least here in europe, can't say much about the US). Right now the hype's around Ghost, just a matter of time till the next band is found. It's some sort of a proof for the hypocrisy of the metal scene, which is so proud to not follow any trends.
Still, why does it matter? Why would you let it affect you? What I'm saying is that if you like a band, that's all that should matter. Letting the annoying hype around them bother you is no one else's decision but your own.

Ge mig hit lite bäck och en penna
Jag vill rekommendera ett brev
Du skall alltid få se och besinna
Att jag håller ingen kärare än dig

Förr skall hälleberget rämna såsom is
Förr skall solen borttappa sitt sken
Förr skall skogen bli förvandlad till en duva
Innan jag dig min vän överger

Förr så spelade jag på guldtärning
Förr så spelade jag på klaver
I det samma så övergav mig sorgen
Jag skall aldrig borttappa dig mer

Förr skall hälleberget rämna såsom is
Förr skall solen borttappa sitt sken
Förr skall skogen bli förvandlad till en duva
Innan jag dig min vän överger

-----------------------------------------

Bring to me pen and ink and some paper,
I´ve a letter I want to write to you.
You will find there is none I hold dearer,
I will always be constant and true.

For the rocks will split and shatter just like ice,
And the sun in the heavens cease to shine,
And the forest will turn into a white dove,
Ere, my dear, you and I will parted be.

All my hours at the dice I would squander,
All my hours playing music in vain.
When I met you I pined away no longer,
Now I never will lose you again.

For the rocks will split and shatter just like ice,
And the sun in the heavens cease to shine,
And the forest will turn into a white dove,
Ere, my dear, you and I will parted be.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice.

Really unique stuff this time around. I guess the dude's been through one hell of a trying year, so I'd expect nothing short of this.

Not a fan of the symphonic stuff usually.

Already calling this my album of the year :kickass:

when the hillbilly bluegrass band catches up with this group of hipsters that stole their instruments.... wooo doggy there gonna be trouble

acid bath - paegan love song

... I don't think you have any idea who you are talking about. Seriously. Noam Pikelny is VERY celebrated and was even awarded by Bela Fleck and Steve Martin as the best banjo player of our time. Also, Chris Thile, a virtuoso to say the least, is one of the most awarded mandolin players ever. Even Yo-Yo Ma is a fan of Thile. Thile has more Grammy nominations than you do shoes. Seriously, way to make a stupid comment Neal :lol:

"1997 - Won Grammy Award for Best Bluegrass Album for True Life Blues: The Songs of Bill Monroe"

He's a hipster alright! -_-.

you are correct in your first point, i dont have any idea who im talking about, i only have an idea of what makes my ears very unhappy. 2:53-3:18 was starting to get interesting, but the rest is complete indie fag rock played on acoustic instruments. the banjo and manolin players may have past accolades and endorsements for their bluegrass work, but wtf does that have to do with this noise?! they dont even do anything with their skills! talented and renowned musicians are fully capable of putting out total crap (lulu?) 1997 was a long time ago, older than my car that i had to replace half the parts of this summer, he has strayed into horrific territory. look, i dont usually single out and attack things so vigorously but you're talking album of the year, and i saw that ensemble of instruments and got excited and then was rewarded with just such offensive garbage to these ears that i got a bit annoyed and lashed out at false promises! but if you can forgive this difference of opinion we can still be fwiends :)

ps i have ONE more active pair of shoes than Thile has grammy nominations so HAH!

ps i have ONE more active pair of shoes than Thile has grammy nominations so HAH!

:lol:

... also, despite your terrible opinion, still my album of the year :lol: Besides, your hatred of the music isn't what insulted me. It was you calling them hipsters. :lol: Also, "indie fag rock?" not in the least. It's more progressive adult contemporary with jazz implementation... Your ears suck at placing music but we can still be friends, Neal. I love you with all of my body. All of it.