Saying hello again.....

May 8, 2006
Lone Star State
Hey all. Long time lurker...very infrequent poster. Just wanted to say hello again. Used to live in NJ but now family and I are in the great Lone Star State! Just missed seeing nevermore in Fort Worth due to work but Im looking forward to some amazing shows down here.

Speaking of which, I know there are a few other Texans on the board. Wheres all the hotspots for some good metal shows or just good times and getting drinks and such in the DFW area? Thanks in advance!!

Hmm, metal shows occur at places such as:

Ridglea Theater - Fort Worth (Highly recommended. Spacious, seats if you wanna sit, plenty of standing room if you wanna stand, and pool tables in the back if you're bored.)
Trees - Dallas
Palladium Ballroom - Dallas
Reno's Chop Shop - Dallas
The Prophet Bar - Dallas
That's not all but it's a start.

Bigger name bands play at The Granada Theater in Dallas, Verizon Theater in Grand Prairie, Superpages Center in Dallas, and Pizza Hut Park in Frisco.

As far as drinks go, I like the Meridian Room in Dallas. I don't know if you're looking for a rough n' tough bar or what, but the Meridian Room is a pretty relaxed place with a good selection of beers and the most awesome food. The Ginger Man (one in Dallas and one in Fort Worth) is also good for beer, but their food isn't all that great. Oh oh, also the Flying Saucer. There's one in Fort Worth and one in Addison.

Also, hello!

Hey. Thanks for all the info. That will give me a great way to start finding fun stuff to do in TX. Does anyone know anything about that club that Vinnie Paul owns? I think its a strip club but not sure.

You're welcome! The place Vinnie Paul owns is The Clubhouse, it's fairly close to my house actually. Yes it's a strip club, and also a music venue. It's not uncommon to have CD release parties there when a band on his record label puts something out. Seventh Void had a shindig there a while back.

Hey all. Long time lurker...very infrequent poster. Just wanted to say hello again. Used to live in NJ but now family and I are in the great Lone Star State! Just missed seeing nevermore in Fort Worth due to work but Im looking forward to some amazing shows down here.

Solitude Aeturnus is playing the Ridglea in November. Unfortunately legendary Austin band Militia is off of the bill now.

If you ever make your way to Austin, Emo's, Red 7, Red Eyed Fly, Headhunters and sometimes even Stubb's get good metal shows.

You, there. Being from Austin, surely you've heard of Bat Castle! Brian (frontman) is a great friend of mine. He relocated the band from Fort Worth to Austin a couple of years ago.