Scala Review

diseasedmind

Nov 29, 2005
OK, my ears and neck and throat hurt...so the outcome of this very long review is...

OHMYFUCKINGGODHOWFUCKINGAWESOME!!!!

in regards to setlist...in no order, and I cant remember all buttt..

Into the fire
head up high
alliegence
maniac
my loneliness
the silent code
i am the anger
kill to live
fire & fury (Mixed with feast of the savages)
'till the end of time
mercenary man
angels forgive me
Ended on falling to peices!

wow..
just wow..!!!!!

I have pleanty more to upload but check this!

Last edited by a moderator:
That was indeed an awesome gig! The sound was well mixed and not loud, making for a pleasant experience. Thumbs up to the hot babe behind the mixing desk!. Dear Superstar was entertaining but not really my kind of music - Punk Rock N' Roll. Kiuas was incredible. Great musicianship and excellent singer. Their music is epic and listening to their songs is an adventure: each song is like going on an adventure. Picture Pirate Of The Caribbeans and you're there. Really impressive.

Firewind were amazing. I was really happy to hear a lot of songs from The Premonition. Strangely enough, I struggled to figure out which song started when they played the opening notes to Mercenary Man. The distinctive opening feel to that song wasn't captured I felt.

The highlights (the whole Firewind gig was the highlight!) for me were Into The Fire, Head Up High, Mercenary Man (despite the doggy intro), Angels Forgive Me, Maniac, I Am The Anger and the awesome band instrumental (thanks for not boring us with boring individual solos). I feel I have witnessed a special and magical gig. I hope Firewind will come back to the UK soon.

The only thing I was disappointed about was that the setlist seemed incredibly short. For a start I could have done without Dear Superstar. This would have given Firewind an extra 30 minutes where they could have played more songs from their first three albums. Also since Bob Katsionis has his new album NOEMON out, they could have played one track off his album to give it a push. I would have loved to hear Birth Of The Sun (imagine travelling into outerspace and witnessing the birth of a new star!)

Finally I have a couple of questions: After the gig, I was stunned to find that Bob's new album was out. It seems that no advertising has been done for this album as I was caught totally unaware at the merchandise booth. I didn't have any cash on me so I couldn't buy the album. I checked Amazon this morning and its not available there. Can anybody (Bob?) tell me where I can buy the album from?

Also heard that a Firewind DVD is coming out in November! Is this true?

That was indeed an awesome gig! The sound was well mixed and not loud, making for a pleasant experience. Thumbs up to the hot babe behind the mixing desk!. Dear Superstar was entertaining but not really my kind of music - Punk Rock N' Roll. Kiuas was incredible. Great musicianship and excellent singer. Their music is epic and listening to their songs is an adventure: each song is like going on an adventure. Picture Pirate Of The Caribbeans and you're there. Really impressive.

Firewind were amazing. I was really happy to hear a lot of songs from The Premonition. Strangely enough, I struggled to figure out which song started when they played the opening notes to Mercenary Man. The distinctive opening feel to that song wasn't captured I felt.

The highlights (the whole Firewind gig was the highlight!) for me were Into The Fire, Head Up High, Mercenary Man (despite the doggy intro), Angels Forgive Me, Maniac, I Am The Anger and the awesome band instrumental (thanks for not boring us with boring individual solos). I feel I have witnessed a special and magical gig. I hope Firewind will come back to the UK soon.

The only thing I was disappointed about was that the setlist seemed incredibly short. For a start I could have done without Dear Superstar. This would have given Firewind an extra 30 minutes where they could have played more songs from their first three albums. Also since Bob Katsionis has his new album NOEMON out, they could have played one track off his album to give it a push. I would have loved to hear Birth Of The Sun (imagine travelling into outerspace and witnessing the birth of a new star!)

Finally I have a couple of questions: After the gig, I was stunned to find that Bob's new album was out. It seems that no advertising has been done for this album as I was caught totally unaware at the merchandise booth. I didn't have any cash on me so I couldn't buy the album. I checked Amazon this morning and its not available there. Can anybody (Bob?) tell me where I can buy the album from?

Also heard that a Firewind DVD is coming out in November! Is this true?

Thanx for the revieuw.

This is what he posted on his Myspace page Sept 24th. ;)

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=54416217&blogID=435647690

OK, my ears and neck and throat hurt...so the outcome of this very long review is...

OHMYFUCKINGGODHOWFUCKINGAWESOME!!!!

in regards to setlist...in no order, and I cant remember all buttt..

Into the fire
head up high
alliegence
maniac
my loneliness
the silent code
i am the anger
kill to live
fire & fury (Mixed with feast of the savages)
'till the end of time
mercenary man
angels forgive me
Ended on falling to peices!

wow..
just wow..!!!!!

I have pleanty more to upload but check this! Falling To Pieces Solooo!!

GREAT!!!!