SCAR SYMMETRY parts ways with vocalist :(

Damn, didn´t notice that, however i think Swano is a Big Shoe for a small foot, not bashing, i like SS but i don´t see that "Fantastic and Greatness and Awesomeness" out of the band.

Well, I think Swano could do it. I mean Akerfeldt can say Morbid Angel was his main death metal influence, but it's not hard to see that his early style was inspired by Swano, especially since the man produced the albums. I am skeptical on one hand to think Swano will come to SS, but it could happen. The connection is there, what with the way Swedes all jam together, and they are linked somehow I'm sure. In fact if I'm not mistaken SS hooked up with Katatonia for Live Consternation so there's a link to Swano right there. Anyway yeah it came from wikipedia so I guess we just have to stop speculating and wait :Smokin:

In fact if I'm not mistaken SS hooked up with Katatonia for Live Consternation so there's a link to Swano right there.

How? Swano produced "Death's Desgin," the last album by Blakkheim's side project "Diabolical Masquerade," but that's the only connection I can think of (maybe he produced some of the old Katatonia stuff as well, but certainly nothing recent).

80% of Symmetric in Design made it onto my "Best of 2005" playlist, and Christian's work on that album and Unmoored's Indefinite Soul Extension would probably place him comfortably within the top 5 spots were I to compile a ranking of my all time favourite metal vocalists.

I found the songs on S.i.D. to be riffy and catchy and memorable -- they sounded like they were co-written by a lead singer and rhythm guitarist, like all great rock & metal songs ought. But then I only enjoyed 20% of the songs on Pitch Black Progress, and Holographic Universe hasn't even motivated me to listen to it a second time. Compared to S.i.D., H.U. sounds to me like it was written by a backing vocalist and a lead guitar player who wishes he were a keyboardist. Plenty of notes going on and layers of sheen and polish, but layers disguising an absence of the core songwriting foundation I heard on that first album. Nothing particularly riffy or catchy or memorable about any of the latest album, to my ear.

Horus, while I generally agree with your sentiment, let me show you, from a less emotionally-charged outside perspective, what your post looks like:

If you're gonna start ripping on the guy, accusing him of being "an elitist," comparing him to a "typical 17 year old with an internet connection," and implying that he adopts "the typical leather jacket wearing, long greasy haired, arrogant as fuck, 'no one understands the political injustices in the world but me! But all I'm gun' do is sit here and shred and drink a 24 pack of beer' attitude," and that his music tastes consist only of "droning, monotone, incredibly one dimensional kick+snare, pissed off music, loser mold," then don't try to deny it with disclaimers that have no meaning.

It's like the classic teenage girl thing of saying "No offense, but your a blah-di-blah-di-blah..."

ahahaha flame flame flame lol that made my day :headbang:

i love christians voxs cause they aren't the usual uber growls that come from your gut that everyone can do. his is a mix of throat and that, and it sounds fucking ridiciously brutal

you my friend are 100% right when it comes to christians vocals. unmatched in the low growl dept. IMO and I listen to alot of BR00TAL metal.
dan swano is god, but christian is chuck norris.

I thought Christian was the weakest link live, because his cleans were awful when I saw them, but his growls were spot on. I thought of Speed as well, and never though of Swano but I can see that working, but why not get somebody to do cleans, like D.C. Cooper, hehe, and have somebody else in the band do the growls, or maybe Simon(vortex) can take on doing Dimmu and SS, or even Vintersorg would fit great.

My guess is that they will go with somebody lesser known. Perhaps even female?

The challenge will be finding somebody who can sing the (ridiculously difficult) clean parts and do the br00tal growls.