Schecter guitars.

Fredrik-Ablaze said:
The Elite and Black Jack's have set necks, Deluxe is a bolt on.
Black Jack also has Duncans stock whilst the Elite has Duncan Designed pickups.
Ive tried a load of them out when I was looking to get a 006 and they all played great.. Found that two different guitars of the same model tended to sound differently though so try them out first if possible

Tack för tipset, ska se till att prova några olika innan jag slår till. Förresten vet du någon bra affär som säljer dem? Jag var inne på Jam i GBG men personalen var helt skadad. Jag addade dig på msn messenger precis.

Death's Acre said:
Ah ok, thanks for clearing that up.
Whoa, they sure did do a lot to make it not-so-clear. :err:
@Torniojaws: Thanks for making me aware of that. I searched their site extensively but never ran into those models.
Yeah, their guitar browsing thingy is very weird. It has no logic at all :S When you click one guitar, the "related guitars" or whatever it is changes into completely different guitars. You actually can't directly go to about 15 guitars at all :p

Another C1 Classsic happy owner here :cool: It was almost perfect stock, great pickup combo JB-Jazz, and it got closer to perfection with the new pickups EMG 81-89. I think it would be perfect when the 85 will replace the 81 in the bridge :headbang:

this is very interesting. i've played a few and hated the "stickyness" of the neck.

but i guess its true, every instrument is different and there are probably some kickass ones out there. i'm in the market for something in this price range this summer, possibly for lower tunings as well. (I have a fixation on C standard)

I've always found the Ibanez guitars to have 'sticky' 'dry' necks. I've tried so many different models because an array of shredders love them, but I've always hated the feel.

The revelation came when I found my Jackson... similar neck to the Ibanez models but rounded edges (read: doesn't obliterate your hand) and had a 'glossy' texture about it (I forget what the process is called... polishing, laminating?) which made it really really easy to play.

I personally find the Hellraiser more difficult to play on account of the thicker neck and more standard, rounded style of it... plus the fact that it's a 7-string doesn't help much, haha. But with a bit of effort, anything can be mastered and I have no issues with it at the moment.

Torniojaws said:
Whoa, they sure did do a lot to make it not-so-clear. :err:

The link he gave made it crystal clear. ESP owns schecter, non-custom schop schecters are made in the ESP factory, and they operate on an independent basis- meaning Schecters aren't held to the same quality standards as ESP. I personally don't think the standards are worse by any means, they're just seperate. The fact that the Schecters are inspected and set-up be Schecter USA in California attests to that.

As regards neck "stickiness"- it happens with all nitro finished necks, but the severity depends on the thickness of the finish. I personally like naturally finished maple necks the best as far as feel goes, though admittedly I'm only comparing maple to mahogony since they're the most common neck woods.