Schecter new Keith Merrow KM-6

Surprised it doesnt feature an Evertune but still looks nice. Wonder if the neck relief is thin enough for my taste, so far no schecter has impressed me in that dept.

schecter needs to jump on the evertune train asap

Doesn't seem worth the cost tbh. 300$ for the bridge+awful lot of work routing the guitar just so you can save minutes tuning your guitar every once in a while.

Although If you're playing gigs then I understand needing to maintain perfect throughout a show.

Doesn't seem worth the cost tbh. 300$ for the bridge+awful lot of work routing the guitar just so you can save minutes tuning your guitar every once in a while.

Although If you're playing gigs then I understand needing to maintain perfect throughout a show.

You have NO idea.

Full control over how much vibrato is allowed on each string from totally natural to totally locked is amazing, and not having to tune between takes will cut your tracking time in the studio in half if not more.

You have NO idea.

Full control over how much vibrato is allowed on each string from totally natural to totally locked is amazing, and not having to tune between takes will cut your tracking time in the studio in half if not more.

Whoa, calm down big guy, I was just my opinion.

I wished I didn't live in a poverty country in one of the poorer states. The "metal" guitars at the stores here are shitty ibanez and shitty ltds. These newer schecters look sweet but I don't know if they are worth it with the extra fees and added tax plus the conversion to pesos. The only store that can bring them here want about 1500-1600 usd for the km7. Like, fuck you.

I can't choose between the KM-6 or the washburn Solar 16DLXC.

Both have awesome specs and looks, but the Solar has a Evertune bridge. It is also 450$ more.

Do you think it is worth to fork out the extra $$$ just for the Evertune?

I mean 1400$ for an import is kinda pricey no?

There were so many delays on the Solar 16DLXC that I had ordered that I cancelled it and got the KM7 and put in an Evertune. It ended up costing me about the same as the Solar, and I think it's totally worth it considering I get SS frets and a less "metal" body style which is more fitting for me.

Sounds like a good alternative, I also prefer the overall body shape of the KM. Also the volume knob is placed more to my liking... Did you install the evertune yourself?

I appreciate the support for the EverTune guys!

We do offer special pricing for manufacturers and installers which is even further reduced the higher the number of ordered units is, and with us providing CNC routing files adaptation of our bridges should be easy and help keep final pricing on EverTune guitars affordable. In addition I also like to think that we provide excellent support, which I hope is reflected by those who were in contact with us.

Keith decided to not use the EverTune for his signature guitar, after the retrofits on his and Jeff's Schecter guitars didn't turn out well, which can happen in some cases with tremolo equipped guitars where the bridge is not as securely anchored (the original tremolo route needs to be partially filled up with wood prior to installation). Our customers usually don't notice any differences or the differences being very subtle if noticeable at all. Who knows, maybe Keith gives it another try sometime in the future. He said he liked it.

So far I didn't have the chance to record any before/after comparison myself. It would have been great to hear clips from your evertuned KM-7 JeffTD. ;)

If you have any questions about the EverTune I'll be happy to answer them either here, on our Facebook page or via mail herbert at evertune dot com. In any case I highly suggest trying one out to anyone interested if possible. The EverTune has to be experienced in order to be fully understood. Just be sure you know how to enable string bending :)