Scorpions call it quits!!!

http://www.billboard.com/news/scorpions-forsee-fantastic-future-following-1004063623.story#/news/scorpions-forsee-fantastic-future-following-1004063623.story

"Schenker says the current group members are looking towards a non-Scorpions future as well. Guitarist Matthias Jabs has a musical instruments store in Munich, while drummer James Kottak has his own band. Schenker himself is looking towards publishing his book, "Rock You Live," in the U.S. and plans a collaboration with his brother and former Scorpions bandmate Michael Schenker -- which may include Scorps' singer Klaus Meine on some songs."

It's a probability as good as any other. But I think some bands/musicians feel they need to end while still in shape instead of going the Ozzy path.

Sentenced quitted but their own decision while still playing good IMO.

Jon Lord quit Deep Purple because he felt it was enough on the road.

Jason Newsted left Metallica even when the band was already baaaad but commercially succesful, he felt it was his time to go.

Algy Ward left Tank but he gave his blessing for them to continue without him (ludicrous..ehem).

I most of those cases, a member of the band left, but the band kept on with a replacement member.

And finally Dio left Black Sabbath (2nd time) in the "Dehumanizer" tour like we're never going to play again together and there's Heaven And Hell :Smug:

So make your bets ;)

In most of those cases, it was a member of the band leaving, but the band itself carried on...

In most of those cases, it was a member of the band leaving, but the band itself carried on...

Indeed like Sentenced or the ill-fated last incarnation of Metal Church (aka Vanderhoof band).

I hope that if they really want to do close the story, they do it big way and walk tall out, regardless of future musical projects of the members in a separate way or together. And I do expect it's not a stunt (like somebody posted elsewhere) to catch attention a la KISS :Smug: