Scorpions call it a day after new album and tour!

An excellent band indeed and sad to hear the news. I plan on catching them when they hit the west coast. I have had the chance to see them three times in the past and all those shows were awesome. Can't wait to see what the final shows will bring.

Scorpions
New Album: Sting In The Tail
Release: March 19th 2010
North America: March 23rd
Japan: End of March

Found a fresh Rudolf Schenker interview by The Gauntlet.

A couple of snippets:
--------------------------------
Rudolf: I am in Germany, at the studio and putting the last bits and pieces mastering wise on the album "Sting in the Tail."

The Gauntlet: How is the album coming along?

Rudolf: Fantastic. After listening to the whole thing in one piece, this album is the essence of the 80's for us with a twist. It is like the best songs from the 80's.

--------------------------------

The Gauntlet: I hear 80's and hardrock and immediately think of a ballad. Did you guys record a ballad for "Sting in the Tail"?

Rudolf: ------ There are two ballads and the rest just rocks like crazy. The album comes out late in March in the United States.

Now, this sounds interesting... :err:
The Gauntlet: Are there any guest vocalists like in the past?

Rudolf: Yes. One woman named Tarja [Turunen]. She is the old woman from a band called Nightwish. She is on the song "The Good Die Young".

The Gauntlet: I don't think she is an old woman though.

Rudolf: What! [laughs] No a young woman. I meant she was the old or last singer from the band [laughs]. Sorry. I should say former singer!

The Gauntlet: When will the album be completed.

Rudolf: It is done. -------- The artwork, booklet and sleeve are all done.

... the old woman from a band called Nightwish... :lol: :lol: :lol: :heh:

Sad news...although the last Scorps CD I bought was "Face the Heat". :lol: I've been listening to some of my favorites this weekend in their honor:

Make it Real
The Zoo
Coast to Coast
Alien Nation
Don't Believe Her
I'm Leaving You
Rock You Like a Hurricane
Rhythm of Love

Ah, those tracks definitely take me back...