AFTER FOREVER calls it quits!!!!!!!

I'm still really looking forward to hearing what Floor and Jorn Viggo do together, but I didn't realize that it wasn't supposed to be a metal project. I was hoping it was going to be something pretty rockin' coming from the two of them.

The only thing I have going for it not being "metal" is this statement.

Despite this variety there was always a desire to start working on a project of my own, with music different from After Forever. After finishing my studies this desire became even bigger and this year (2008) it became reality and the writing process has started!

Due to an unexpected turn this project can get full priority because After Forever cannot continue it’s path as planned and hoped. Guitarist/composer Sander Gommans was already stoke earlier in 2007 by a severe burn-out, something that does not heal quickly and is therefore now the reason the band decided to take a one year break to be able to return at full power and strength! (check www.afterforever.com for more info

I will use this break to focus on writing music for this new project together with guitarist/songwriter Jorn Viggo Lofstad (Pagan’s Mind, Jorn)

There's plenty of metal that's different from AF so it may just be a different subcategory of metal. It just makes me think she may be working on something for musical theater (or at least a concept album) since she has expressed a desire to sing in musical theater before and does mention really getting the bug after finishing her studies, which focused on musical theater. Of course, musical theater doesn't mean it can't be metal.

Saw this at school, I was in a sour mood for the rest of the day. They were one of my favorite bands. This sucks. Atleast I got to see them live at ProgPower (and got to hear Monolith of Doubt, one of my favorite songs by any band)

But, I guess you have to look at the positives. The HDK song on Sander's Myspace is pretty good. I think Joost is attached to that band, too, but I may be wrong. And I'm really looking forward to finally hearing whatever Floor and Jorn Viggo put out together, I'm sure it'll rule whether it's metal or not.

was Nick Barker still drumming for them? I've been waiting for a Barker release, but he hasn't recorded much in a while.

Kinda not surprised by this. When you take a "hiatus" like they were doing, and the fact that they have other things going on, the writing might have been on the wall. However, the way they wrote their letter gave you the felling that they did not want to put out a half-assed effort and called it a day. So, let them go on a high note.

I'm actually kind of excited about this. I love Floor Jansen, vocal ability, but I'd like to see her do something else. Maybe that project with Jorn Viggo will turn out to be really cool.

I was never an AF fan, but I loved their performance @ PP so this does suck. I really thought they were amazing live. I still have yet to try them out again from their CDs, but will. I thought Floor was awesome in every imagineble way and I generally am not a fan of female vocals. I look forward to seeing what she does next.

:cry:

Such a shame, they had a great sound and she's got the best voice in the biz imo, especially for that particular type of music.

Glad I got to see them live one time.

One of my favouritest bands... Me not happy now :ill:

At least I've seen them live, they were amazing. Gotta keep an eye on Floor's projects, she's sooo talented vocalist.