AFTER FOREVER calls it quits!!!!!!!

I've been spinning some After Forever lately and I have to say, the breakup still sucks! :Smug: Has anyone heard any news regarding Floor's where abouts? There's not any new updates, as far as I can tell, on her MySpace page.

~Brian~

Since this got bumped. I think Glenn should contact their old management or someone at AF about the PP footage (if he still has it). A DVD from one of their last performances would have been a great final release. :-/

I think Floor could sing a fart and make it sound amazing! (humor intended for those w/o that sensibility). AF was an amazing band. I'm sure many of the members will go on to record great music. It was indeed wonderful to be able to see them at PP and during the technical issues @ the ALLSTAR jam I think Floor was amazing keeping the crowd entertained!

Since this got bumped. I think Glenn should contact their old management or someone at AF about the PP footage (if he still has it). A DVD from one of their last performances would have been a great final release. :-/

That would be awesome. I would love the chance to relive that performance again and again. I was thinking this the other day, incidentally.

But, yeah, there are many days where I go on sudden AF kicks and get all moody over them being broken up.

From her myspace page
First my update about what I do today and what my plans for the future are:

After the final stop I started missing the metal scene and it’s music and decided I wanted to come back ASAP with a new metalband. To accomplish this I want to work with other songwriters to first write and record an album. A live band will be formed after that to get me back on stage where I long to be so much!

When Waldemar Sorychta (Grip Inc, Enemies Of The Sun, ao) contacted me; the first composer was found. As a fan of Grip Inc the idea of working together was a big honor and a first step in creating a sound! The combination of Waldemar’s unique style and experience as songwriter/producer made my dream come closer to reality. I also asked my After Forever colleague Joost van den Broek for his great synth sounds and arrangements. Despite his busy schedule he wanted to come on board immediately with great enthusiasm and the songwriting team was complete!

The sound will become a unique blend of the personal style we know these musicians from, but not yet together in one album which is to become heavy and very metal!

The songwriting has just begun! Who will join this team in the future is not known yet nor which label will release the album. All we can say for now; next year there will be new band and a new album!

I will keep updating you and I promise to give you a preview as soon as possible!!!

I was thinking the same thing, because God knows they need to get rid of Annette and bring back an operatic voice again.

I'm a fairly new AF/Floor fan, as I was won over during the band's PP VIII performance. However, I don't really think of Floor as "operatic". Her voice has...how else can you put it...BALLS. :headbang:

+1

I really loved their performance a couple of years ago. Too bad they broke up. Still hoping that Floor gets in another metal band real soon! :kickass::headbang:

+2 :)