Scott Ian...American Idol fan?

opp

New Metal Member
Apr 12, 2005
After pulling this money making scam and going against what the band always meant to me, it is even more annoying seeing the guitarist from Anthrax sitting 4th row at American Idol.
I can just see the next Alpha Male now, something like "Simon is the reason I got into this business" and then have 10 pictures with him. I apologize for being Milano-esque but Scott has gotten lame.
He was sitting next to Brian Posehn, so at least he was with someone who still has some street cred, but still...its just sad

Scott Ian.... whatta nerd

Wow, respect: loss.

American Idol is for like...moms and idiots. Just walking through a room where it's playing has been known to cause a loss of brain cells.

Yeah dude, that made sense.
Not to get in a pissing match with you, but next time you see your boy Ian bitching about "Where is the metal America", or "all the metal is in Europe" and saying the metal scene in America is dead, remember how "metal" this guy is. The metal scene is dead when Scott Ian is chilling in the American Idol crowd with a bunch of 16 year old girls and a fat-ass comedian.
Imagine Dime sitting in that crowd.
And when since when did I have to offer any music for you to listen to just so I could air some damn grievances I have with a band I have loved for years...You dont have to take it personally...

whats even nerdier...you sitting at home watching American Idol.

opp said:
After pulling this money making scam and going against what the band always meant to me, it is even more annoying seeing the guitarist from Anthrax sitting 4th row at American Idol.
I can just see the next Alpha Male now, something like "Simon is the reason I got into this business" and then have 10 pictures with him. I apologize for being Milano-esque but Scott has gotten lame.
He was sitting next to Brian Posehn, so at least he was with someone who still has some street cred, but still...its just sad

Scott Ian.... whatta nerd

monstro said:
what great music have you offered to us lately opp?

send the amazon link and i´ll buy it if it´s 0,001% as good as any anthrax song.

what a...pfff, nevermind

Ditto ( keep in mind where my profile sasys Im going to school) its only the third largest recording studio in the united states o_O :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

My daughter saw him, i saw brian... Cool.... My kids watch it... So .... I am an Anthrax loving ...idol watching NERD

Yeah alright, kiss the mans ass... Next time he wants to be critical of the metal scene in this country I'm going to remember this.
And my roomate showed me this, he TiVoed to see the Bo Bice guy from his hometown.
This is part of the reason I am tired of this band, its like lately no matter what these guys have said or done, its expected for us to have a short memory about the shit they want us to believe about them. It just seems phony to me... You dont have to take it seriously, I'm just throwing in my thoughts

thraxx said:
My daughter saw him, i saw brian... Cool.... My kids watch it... So .... I am an Anthrax loving ...idol watching NERD

Hey, to each their own. Personally I don't give a shit what people watch on tv. Scott Ian was at American Idol, who gives a fuck? Anyway, I consider myself a 100% music geek.

tattooedsean666 said:
you all sound like a bunch of whiny little teen girls wondering what the backstreet boys should wear. :Smug:

can anyone tell me if that rocker guy is still on american idol? not that goofy constantine guy :ill:

No uh I have never seen it ( any of the reality shows) am iether watching movies or adult swim if the radio isnt going, Im just not interested in it is all
I can play video games ( and pink floyd wasnt wrong )"400 channels of shit on the tv to chose from"

Big deal if Scott was seen on American Idol.
Guys in metal bands can lead a similar life to any other everyday person. Everyone has their likes and dislikes about this, that and the other.

If he likes American Idol, then that's his choice.

Is their some secret code of conduct that a 'metalhead' must live by.

I have an office job, short haircut, married (hey, I even go to church) - so do I fit into the mould or am I a poser ???

Why make a federal case out of it.....

Fucking hell! He was sitting in the audience! Chill out. I'm sure he wasn't doing songwriting research and plotting the downfall of metal.

A former Anthrax tour manager is now the main production guy on, wait for it...American Idol. Can this have anything to do with it? The world holds it's breath.