Scott Ian...American Idol fan?

Perhaps one of you mental midgets could explain to me exactly how does what scott does in his personnal time effect:

1. The music his band makes
2. His "metalness" that has been built up for 20+ years.

herjesus said:
A metalhead, same as you and me...
(with some affiliation to Hades) :headbang:
P.S. Anthrax has been selling out for the last fifteen years.BOW TO THE GREAT MONEY MACHINE!!!!! :worship: :worship: :worship:

P.S. I'm glad all this selling out got them huge amounts of airplay and popularity.:rolleyes:

It's called the music business for a reason. It's a business. No one's in it to not get paid.

scott is fucking weh! who gies a toss if he is sitting in the audience of some shite tv show. i coudnt give a jobby. he is in anthrax and plays fucking killers riffs. Amen

the_walking_dude said:
scott is fucking weh! who gies a toss if he is sitting in the audience of some shite tv show. i coudnt give a jobby. he is in anthrax and plays fucking killers riffs. Amen

:lol: :lol: :lol:

What's the american slang translation to that shit?

GregadetH said:
P.S. I'm glad all this selling out got them huge amounts of airplay and popularity.:rolleyes:

It's called the music business for a reason. It's a business. No one's in it to not get paid.

Amen! The majority of musicians don't live in some fantasy world where they never have to worry about money related issues. Sure there are bands like AC/DC and the Rolling Stones who never have to work another day in their lives if they don't want to, but in total there are maybe 50-100 bands/artists imo that have that kind of luxury.

the_walking_dude said:
As "Sling Blade" says, "I Like The Way You Talk!" ;)

I watched that World Idol once - their was guy from Belgium on their singing some metal stuff (some Nirvana song I think - some would say that's not metal I guess, but it is certainly on the heavier end of the backstreet boys songs the others seemed to barf out) ... I thought he sounded ok actually.

Loving the responses, but I am still irked by this...
I think I am just getting old. Whoever said I was living in the 80's was right, but it's more like the early-mid 90's. When I was younger metal used to be a killer outlet to vent over some of the bullshit things in life, these guys seemed mega-badass. So bad ass that you just couldnt even fathom anyone from this band being an audience member at a Pop reality show. And I think thats why I dont want to see Scott Ian at American Idol. I miss thinking that way about Anthrax, or Metallica for that matter (They are just plain weird now). That's just my own personal perception of the band through my eyes.
Dont take this the wrong way, I am a Libertarian (Badnarik in '08 baby!) so its not a matter of freedom (Scott Ian can do whatever he likes as long as he doesnt harm the rights of others...blah blah), however I think it's just me hating to think that most of the soundtrack to my life (which I would say anthrax is) seems to have lost it's edge. Am I losing my edge?
I'm going to listen to some reflection music....

opp said:
Loving the responses, but I am still irked by this...
I think I am just getting old. Whoever said I was living in the 80's was right, but it's more like the early-mid 90's. When I was younger metal used to be a killer outlet to vent over some of the bullshit things in life, these guys seemed mega-badass. So bad ass that you just couldnt even fathom anyone from this band being an audience member at a Pop reality show. And I think thats why I dont want to see Scott Ian at American Idol. I miss thinking that way about Anthrax, or Metallica for that matter (They are just plain weird now). That's just my own personal perception of the band through my eyes.
Dont take this the wrong way, I am a Libertarian (Badnarik in '08 baby!) so its not a matter of freedom (Scott Ian can do whatever he likes as long as he doesnt harm the rights of others...blah blah), however I think it's just me hating to think that most of the soundtrack to my life (which I would say anthrax is) seems to have lost it's edge. Am I losing my edge?
I'm going to listen to some reflection music....

I hear where you are coming from, but like my good mate Aliasp said - nowdays, it's more about the music itself rather than the lifestyle. I certainly don't consider myself a 'bad boy' at all. The way I live my life and the decision I make are based on things much deeper than my favourite Anthrax lyrics.....

It's like saying that I can't take my wife to pop concert because that is against my 'lifestyle' somehow. Hey, my wife doesn't like metal stuff at her - but that is her choice. The needs of my wife and family comes before some undivided loyalty to a 'heavy metal' lifestyle.

the_walking_dude said:

WTF did he say???? LOL

opp said:
Yeah alright, kiss the mans ass... Next time he wants to be critical of the metal scene in this country I'm going to remember this.
And my roomate showed me this, he TiVoed to see the Bo Bice guy from his hometown.This is part of the reason I am tired of this band, its like lately no matter what these guys have said or done, its expected for us to have a short memory about the shit they want us to believe about them. It just seems phony to me... You dont have to take it seriously, I'm just throwing in my thoughts

What's even gayer is that you have a roomate who tiVos American Idol. :lol: