Scott Ian and Chuck Billy Record Fear of the Dark

thraxx

You'll Be in Hell With ME
Nov 23, 2002
www.anthrax.com
Another Post From The SFMETAL board orignally posted By DeadlyEmbrace......

I live not 5 miles from Chuck so i hope i get a chance to hear this.....

I happened to drop by Testament studio's today........And it was perfect timing! Chuck had spent the last 2 days, recording his vocals to Iron Maiden's Fear Of The Dark.........Scott Ian Guitars(Anthrax, S O D), Blasko(Rob Zombie).......drums(unknown).....They just had finished the different vocal layers & combined them with guitars, drums, & Bass.....I was the first to hear it complete!........It was so good, 9 minutes plus.......Chuck's voice so different than his normol Testament vocals.....So good, lots of low slow singing, then it breaks into classic Maiden hooks, Chuck & Scott sound great together.......This is going to be so good.....If you liked his Metallica cover.......This is better......Both are great.....But this one I like better........
icon_idea.gif

thraxx said:
Another Post From The SFMETAL board orignally posted By DeadlyEmbrace......

I live not 5 miles from Chuck so i hope i get a chance to hear this.....

I happened to drop by Testament studio's today........And it was perfect timing! Chuck had spent the last 2 days, recording his vocals to Iron Maiden's Fear Of The Dark.........Scott Ian Guitars(Anthrax, S O D), Blasko(Rob Zombie).......drums(unknown).....They just had finished the different vocal layers & combined them with guitars, drums, & Bass.....I was the first to hear it complete!........It was so good, 9 minutes plus.......Chuck's voice so different than his normol Testament vocals.....So good, lots of low slow singing, then it breaks into classic Maiden hooks, Chuck & Scott sound great together.......This is going to be so good.....If you liked his Metallica cover.......This is better......Both are great.....But this one I like better........
icon_idea.gif

TD says:
two rip roaring horns up!!!

This years "early years" Maiden set will rock, but there are some post '83 classics that will be missed....oh well...
:headbang:
UP THE IRONS

A thread about something other then the reunion?!?!?!

Sweet blessed christ it's true!

I loved the metallica covers that chuck did. And the ones that scott and billy did were good too. Fear of the Dark is such an awesome song too. I can not fucking wait to see Maiden this year. I am really looking forward to this new Testament project also. They were such a good band, with every line up they had, and it is going to be awesome to hear them now. I am very pleased with the way things have been going. The newest Anthax/Megadeth/Exodus CD's were all very good. Thrash metal just may have a little bit of ways to go before it dies. One can only hope.

I remember seeing Testament and Iron Maiden on the Fear of the Dark tour. The both went off. Testament was so bad ass in those large venues with full sound. Chuck Billy is one of the most underrated metal vocalists out there. Testament is bad as fuck probably my favorite thrash metal bands ever

That cover of remember tomorrow is pretty good. I actually prefer it over the original, just because I am not a huge fan of the non-Bruce stuff.

Anthrax´ s cover of Remember Tomorrow is cool if it wasn´t for the lead. The guitar solo pretty much sucks.