Scott Ian 'Spoken Words' Tour 2014

scooterville

\m/ non-basher member \m/
Sep 20, 2010
Greensboro, MD
I got a ticket plus M&G for the Annapolis show. Anyone else going to this one? I asked Scott on Twitter if I could bring one of my previously Ian owned guitars for pics, and he said yes. :devil:

I plan to take one of his old guitars with me to the show, but not sure which one? I could get him to sign the JJ4 or I could take the MW5 to have pics taken. If I take the JJ I could see if he could sign it with "My Old JJ" in silver on the back. idk lol.

Going to the Cleveland and Syracuse shows, got M&G for Syracuse. Should be a good time.

Had a lot of fun at the Syracuse show last night. Was surprised how long the show was; almost 3 hours plus over an hour at the M&G. Lots of great stories during the show, and it was cool to just hang with him afterwards. I have to say out of all the times I've met him before, he was the most easy-going last night, and it was probably the first time I've had a real conversation with him. He was stoked when I told him I was gonna see them in Europe again this year.

Had a lot of fun at the Syracuse show last night. Was surprised how long the show was; almost 3 hours plus over an hour at the M&G. Lots of great stories during the show, and it was cool to just hang with him afterwards. I have to say out of all the times I've met him before, he was the most easy-going last night, and it was probably the first time I've had a real conversation with him. He was stoked when I told him I was gonna see them in Europe again this year.

dude I just noticed your sig. holy crap, what do you do?

Being Croatian, I'd love to see Anthrax in Zagreb, they I haven't been back to visit family in Croatia in over 10 years.

dude I just noticed your sig. holy crap, what do you do?

Being Croatian, I'd love to see Anthrax in Zagreb, they I haven't been back to visit family in Croatia in over 10 years.
I mean, I spend all my money going to gigs. I've got a job where I can basically pick my own hours, so it's nothing to be able to take off for a few weeks at a time. Maiden is the band I really travel for - seen them 43 times since 2005, with (at least) 5 more lined up this year. I love traveling too, so being able to combine travel and seeing these bands I love that won't be around forever...nothing beats it!

That Zagreb gig was the craziest gig I've ever been to. I've never seen a crowd half as rowdy, it was literally scary to be a part of.

I agree! It was cool to be able to have a little chat with him. He answered my question during the show and we got to chat for a bit at the meet n greet.

I agree! It was cool to be able to have a little chat with him. He answered my question during the show and we got to chat for a bit at the meet n greet.

What were the posters like for your M&G? Were they like super shoddy? The ones in Syracuse were literally on copy paper, not even regular poster paper or cardstock. On top of that, the image itself wasn't even print-grade - it looks like they blew up a thumbnail to fit on an 11 x 17, it's so bad I won't even hang it with my other signed Anthrax stuff.

I suspected maybe they ran out of "real" posters by that point in the tour and tried to pass off shitty copies. I didn't wanna be that guy who made a stink, and no one else questioned it so I kept my mouth shut. It just sucks when you're spending extra money on a M&G, and they can't even print halfway decent posters...

Ours were nice. They were on this nice photo paper. It has a little texture feel to it.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/swmyers73/12981268065/in/set-72157626663318905

What were the posters like for your M&G? Were they like super shoddy? The ones in Syracuse were literally on copy paper, not even regular poster paper or cardstock. On top of that, the image itself wasn't even print-grade - it looks like they blew up a thumbnail to fit on an 11 x 17, it's so bad I won't even hang it with my other signed Anthrax stuff.

I suspected maybe they ran out of "real" posters by that point in the tour and tried to pass off shitty copies. I didn't wanna be that guy who made a stink, and no one else questioned it so I kept my mouth shut. It just sucks when you're spending extra money on a M&G, and they can't even print halfway decent posters...

Ours were nice. They were on this nice photo paper. It has a little texture feel to it.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/swmyers73/12981268065/in/set-72157626663318905
Totally different from ours. Ours didn't even have the same writing at the bottom; it was identical to the laminate. I'm guessing they just photocopied a laminate to make ours:
13044433074_5afc27bf62_z.jpg

And a closeup, just so you can see how poor the resolution was:
13044216153_342faaa0b0_c.jpg

That's not fuzzy because it's a bad picture or anything, I took that on an 18 megapixel camera - that's fuzzy because the posters were so shoddy. It's really frustrating that you spend extra money on the M&G, they fuck up something with the merch and just pretend nothing happened :mad: