Scott Ian auctioning off personal guitars, amps & more

aging.punk

New Metal Member
Apr 18, 2012
I'm new on here, I found the forum yesterday while looking for information about some of Scott Ian's Washburn guitars. Don't know if anyone else has seen this yet or not, but Scott Ian has partnered with an online auction company and is selling off a bunch of his guitars and amps, as well as vintage Anthrax and S.O.D. shirts, vinyl, posters - all kinds of neat shit! Apparently he cleaned out one of his storage units and is making all its contents available to the fans. Pretty rad. Just thought I'd share with everyone!

Here's a link to their blog:
http://backstageauctions.blogspot.com

There is a lot of stuff and gubbins on this auction - the starting bids seem reasonable $2k for the guitars - question is will the auction go crazy?

Yeah, those shoes are nutty. But damn, I remember them in just about every picture I saw of them from back in the day! I'm kinda digging on that solid black Murder Weapon prototype guitar..would be nice to have one of those cabinets too! And hell, one of the Randall heads while I'm at it. Those heads are pretty reasonably priced, from what I can tell..

Anyone have/use one of those Scott Ian Black-13 distortion pedals? I'm not a big Digitech fan, but it might be cool for direct recording/demo-ing..

Anyone have/use one of those Scott Ian Black-13 distortion pedals? I'm not a big Digitech fan, but it might be cool for direct recording/demo-ing..

I have the Black 13 pedal. I like it. My main sound is amp distortion by I do use it from time to time. I use it with an EQ pedal because an amp will "color" the tone of the pedal somewhat. The thing with this pedal that it has 7 tones, related to 7 songs from seven albums. The way I see it is the "I am the Law" setting relates to the whole tone of that album, not just 1 song. Same for all other settings. The only gimmicky setting is the "Finale" setting that simulates the Delay at the beginnig of the sone. What a waste. Just have the tone of the song and leave it at that. :headbang:

Right on man, thanks for the input! I've got my eye on one in the auction right now, hope to get it on the cheap!

Auction is finally over, I ended up winning Scott's short sleeve/long sleeve stage shirts from '05 and his Spreading The Disease shirt, as well as a vintage Van Halen baseball shirt (Got that one for $30!)

Does anyone know how much the yellow shorts were sold for?

IIRC, they never even got bid on. The Adidas got bid on towards the end, and I think they stayed at $1,000. Other than that, the only other prices I remember off-hand (Besides the stuff I won) are:
2011 Darth Vader shirt - $552
Satan's Lounge Band shirt - $292
2010 Darth Vader shirt - $441
Yankee Stadium Darth Vader button-down - $919
Charlie's Big 4 kick drum head - $1,001

I was able to grab a few of the BBE pedals, as well as one of the Black 13's! Wanted to go after more, but bank account wouldn't allow me to do so! Still thrilled though!

Managed to get a Washburn acoustic which I am happy about for a good price.
Cant beleive the shorts went for more than a guitar!
Anyone know if the murder weapons were sold?

My shirts came today! The Spreading The Disease shirt fits like a glove, and is literally the most comfortable shirt I own! The '05 shirts are a little bigger, but not too big to wear. All 3 are in excellent condition. Obviously not getting any wear to an Anthrax show since they can get a little rowdy, but definitely getting some wear to Joey gigs...I bet he'll get a kick out of seeing them :p

533159_459738854042151_100000181214899_2043372_1135584906_n.jpg