Scott Ian Lyon/Washburn Guitar: Great Reviews!

I thought Scott and the rest of the folks here would be interested in this. :)

For the past 2 weeks I brought in my Scott Ian Signature Series guitar from the Lyon/Washburn line. It was my first guitar and I still love it to pieces after nearly a year. Every time I took it to school and let my classmates and friends play it, the vet's and guitar virtuoso's are always shocked by the quality of it! They're shocked it feels as good as it does to have and play, they're shocked that the strap fits so well on it, they're shocked by the design of it, and they're shocked by the pricing.

Everytime I tell them I paid $200 for it, they can't believe I got the guitar I did at that quality for so low. And I'm fucking proud to say it's all mine.

Thanks for the recommendation, Scott! :headbang:

-Larry

LuvataciousSkull said:
I thought Scott and the rest of the folks here would be interested in this. :)

For the past 2 weeks I brought in my Scott Ian Signature Series guitar from the Lyon/Washburn line. It was my first guitar and I still love it to pieces after nearly a year. Every time I took it to school and let my classmates and friends play it, the vet's and guitar virtuoso's are always shocked by the quality of it! They're shocked it feels as good as it does to have and play, they're shocked that the strap fits so well on it, they're shocked by the design of it, and they're shocked by the pricing.

Everytime I tell them I paid $200 for it, they can't believe I got the guitar I did at that quality for so low. And I'm fucking proud to say it's all mine.

Thanks for the recommendation, Scott! :headbang:

-Larry

Washburn is a great guitar company. I just bought my first one and I will be buying more. Gibson and Fender are the best. No doubt about it. But you have to spend at least 2 G's to get something good from them. You had to be endorsed by Jackson in order to get a good instrument from them. A damn shame. Greedy guitar companies may be the sole reason why guitar oriented music has slipped out of the mainstream the past 10 years. Starving musicians couldn't afford good guitars. Kudo's to Washburn!!

Jockthrax said:
Im still waiting for the Lyon series to make it's way over to Europe, im sure i could spare a few quid for the Scott Ian model if i dont eat for a few days.

I've seen it here in Spain

Yeah, I saw it about 2 months ago, and yes, I wanted to buy it in heartbeat as well..... my bank manager advised otherwise:erk:

I will check on the UK. They told me they are selling a Washburn branded model of the Lyon in Europe. I'll get answers.

From Washburn:

The UK has not ordered the WSI10B yet, they only carry the SI70 and
SI75.

So the low price model is not available yet in the UK. We are planning a "clinic" tour for me in the fall (UK & Europe) and it will certainly be available by then.

Black Thirteen said:
From Washburn:

The UK has not ordered the WSI10B yet, they only carry the SI70 and
SI75.

So the low price model is not available yet in the UK. We are planning a "clinic" tour for me in the fall (UK & Europe) and it will certainly be available by then.

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!:headbang:

that's sweet.

I really like Scott's Jackson sigs, with the dice inlays and the insane pickups and the Damage INC style logo. But alas, they are waaaaay out of my price range. Especially since I am primaraly a bass player.

How about a left handed version? I'm looking for a backup guitar, and a Scott Ian model would do nicely. It's just hard to find a decent lefty for a reasonable price.

manmademonster said:
How about a left handed version? I'm looking for a backup guitar, and a Scott Ian model would do nicely. It's just hard to find a decent lefty for a reasonable price.

I'm left handed too. That very problem you have is the reason why the guitar store teachers told me to learn right handed. I'm glad I listened to them about that.

As far as little league is concerned, I'm pissed they tried to teach me to be a switch hitter since I was a left handed thrower with a right handed bat. Everytime I faced a righty, which was most of the time, I was forced to hit left handed and I just couldn't get a hit.

AlexStomp said:
I'm left handed too. That very problem you have is the reason why the guitar store teachers told me to learn right handed. I'm glad I listened to them about that.

Ya' know, as frustrating as it is trying to find a lefty guitar, I wouldn't change that. The whole thing about learning right handed to me is bullshit (no offense, dude). I was told to learn right handed because it would be just as awkward starting out. Guess what? It was never awkward learning to play. Plus, being a lefty makes me stand out in a sea of right handed players. That, and I play lead guitar too. I don't mind being known as "the lefty". Otherwise I'd just be known as the fat guy. That would suck.

manmademonster said:
AlexStomp said:

Ya' know, as frustrating as it is trying to find a lefty guitar, I wouldn't change that. The whole thing about learning right handed to me is bullshit (no offense, dude). I was told to learn right handed because it would be just as awkward starting out. Guess what? It was never awkward learning to play. Plus, being a lefty makes me stand out in a sea of right handed players. That, and I play lead guitar too. I don't mind being known as "the lefty". Otherwise I'd just be known as the fat guy. That would suck.

When I was a little kid, I would air guitar left handed. I know a guy that plays left handed with a right handed guitar held upside down with the strings in the same order. A righty could pick up his guitars and play right away. I can't tell what the fuck he's doing but I would imagine that he's strumming up instead of down?? Don't know. It's gotta reek havoc for his tone. I guess you have no choice but to drop cheddar for a guitar. And if there's a guitar that you gotta have, you'd have to have the company custom make you one and that would be alot of cheddar.

"And if there's a guitar that you gotta have, you'd have to have the company custom make you one and that would be alot of cheddar."

You got that right. First off, sorry for the rant. I'm a little excitable. I plunked down $1400 and waited 6 months for a custom Hamer. Great guitar, but I recently got rid of it because I've abandoned locking trems. Playing a Gibson Faded V right now, which is awesome.

I know this lefty bass player who plays a righty with the strings still strung right handed. He totally rips, Billy Sheehan style, and it's amazing to watch him play.