Scott with some startling revelations about Joey Split

@Johnnie agreed Scott has said a lot ... and I mean A LOT but then again one does reflect on one's past when you get to his age (and my own). You mellow with time and realise too that perhaps what Scott is saying is quite true. Just an interesting admission and it's one he's never openly taken `blame' per say for in the past.

For what it's worth I was bummed at the time he was fired but then again I also enjoyed the Bush era stuff too.

OK ENOUGH ON THAT :)

I'm not just saying it either,change of singer and sound,Metallica did change there sound and obviously we're a lot bigger band but anthrax was right on there tails,maybe with joey it woulda come across better,cool to talk about I take nothing away from John bush but if anything I just wished scott gave him one more record to prove himself

I'm not just saying it either,change of singer and sound,Metallica did change there sound and obviously we're a lot bigger band but anthrax was right on there tails,maybe with joey it woulda come across better,cool to talk about I take nothing away from John bush but if anything I just wished scott gave him one more record to prove himself

Kind of interesting that if you remember, in the book, Scott blames everything that went down shit creek afterwards on Elektra's decision not to release Room For One More as a second single. He says that Room was their Enter Sandman and had they done that, SOWN would have been their Countdown To Extinction. I'm not quite sure about this, but who knows, music business is very delicate thing.

Kind of interesting that if you remember, in the book, Scott blames everything that went down shit creek afterwards on Elektra's decision not to release Room For One More as a second single. He says that Room was their Enter Sandman and had they done that, SOWN would have been their Countdown To Extinction. I'm not quite sure about this, but who knows, music business is very delicate thing.
At least Anthrax are still releasing top-notch albums and playing to huge crowds. Metallica has been garbage for years and finally the cream has risen to the top and the best band has emerged!

Crazy that they would pick black lodge,hard to believe they didn't pick room for one more,perfect for the time,I remember something similar with silver hair,there second album had freak as the single in Australia and it was very popular but in usa rc picked abuse me as the single over the bands wishes because triipy abuse songs were in at that time,hence the silver hair album tanked..

At least Anthrax are still releasing top-notch albums and playing to huge crowds. Metallica has been garbage for years and finally the cream has risen to the top and the best band has emerged!

Like Metallica isn't playing to huge crowds ;)

Crazy that they would pick black lodge,hard to believe they didn't pick room for one more,perfect for the time,I remember something similar with silver hair,there second album had freak as the single in Australia and it was very popular but in usa rc picked abuse me as the single over the bands wishes because triipy abuse songs were in at that time,hence the silver hair album tanked..

You mean Silverchair, right?

You know, through all those years, Scott has said MANY things about Joey Belladonna.
Nazdar Johnnie! :kickass:

Interesting interview. Right up to 2010 Scott was negative about Joey ("I don't want a bird") and interesting that here he had nothing to say about John Bush - "I could have communicated with Joey...we could have moved forward with him" (I paraphrase) - but, then, you wouldn't have those 4 records that you have said time and time again are your most creatively satisfying. I realize he's trying to be humble and diplomatic in his old age..

Nazdar Johnnie! :kickass:

Interesting interview. Right up to 2010 Scott was negative about Joey ("I don't want a bird") and interesting that here he had nothing to say about John Bush - "I could have communicated with Joey...we could have moved forward with him" (I paraphrase) - but, then, you wouldn't have those 4 records that you have said time and time again are your most creatively satisfying. I realize he's trying to be humble and diplomatic in his old age..

Pretty much... I think there are some things that he has to say. Have you read his book? Pretty interesting at times. Čau :)