The latest from Scott

Spitz kinda comes off as an arrogant SOB so I'm sure he will stick to his watches since they will make him more money than guitar.

whatever happened to his awfull website?!

PS I think Frank "left" just to make things seem more "reunion-ish" if you catch my drift. so glad he came back though, regardless of his reasons for leaving. He belongs in Anthrax - no offense to Vera. I think that Scott and Charlie and Frank are really the 3 most important members. Maybe since all the other slots have revolved a few times, but, I still think it either way.

I think that Scott and Charlie and Frank are really the 3 most important members. Maybe since all the other slots have revolved a few times, but, I still think it either way.

If you recall though, Frank wasn't the original bassist.

Whatever happens i'm on-board...... WHose with me.....????

I'm with you. I get a good feeling it will be Bush. I mean Scott said him and Charlie will write the new record which could take 6-8 months. If John is having another baby in a few weeks, that gives him pleanty of time to be with his family. Whoever it is I'm there. Bush would be the best choice. For me!

wasn't Greg D'Angelo in there somewhere before Charlie as well?

Yeah, I forgot about D'Anglelo. Strange that he went from a band like Anthrax to a band like White Lion.

Still don't know about David Weiss though. I've never heard of him.

I know he was not the original bassist, but, he has been there so long and brought so much in. The band is not the same without him. Not to take away from Lilker - they are two very different players and they are both very good at what they do.

THAT has always puzzled me. We know Scott can play like a madman..why doesn't he start writing more of the riffs? I've always wondered what they would sound like if the rest of the band actually had more creative input. Like Scott coming up with something..Is there anything beside S.O.D. that we can credit Scott with coming up with? Anything Anthrax related??? Not that I think Charlie is doing a bad job, I mean, Anthrax' songs have always had that "Nintendo" like quality(meaning great and polished) to them, it's just that there is a lot of talent in the band and it seems like it's not being used to it's full potential. I could be totally wrong though..

I think he writes a lot of the lyrics but I could be wrong.

I know he was not the original bassist, but, he has been there so long and brought so much in. The band is not the same without him. Not to take away from Lilker - they are two very different players and they are both very good at what they do.

Right on.:kickass:

I actually, as a bass player myself, have tried to find something that sounds like Lilker's tone and I just can't seem to find anything close! I play a variety of stuff, but I have found myself in situations where a blood curdeling distortion like his would come in handy.

I think I got Frank's tone down pretty well - SMACK THE SHIT OUT OF THE THING!

And yeah, I also think that Scott writes the majority of the lyrics.

What got me thinking was that Joey left (maybe) because he wanted more input on the record - And John says he was asked back with the intent of providing input. HHhhhmmmmmm.......

Scott Ian: We had every intention of moving forward. At some point during the [reunion] tour, we just felt that things were going so well and we had really gelled as a band. And, of course, granted, we were only playing the old stuff. But we just really felt like, "Hey, why not?" From a musician's point of view, and from a creative point of view, why not see what ANTHRAX would sound like in 2007 with Joey singing on new material? And at some point, we had decided, "Yeah, let's do this." And after we finished in Japan in October, we started making the moves to try and make that happen and go forward, and it just seemed like we were constantly hitting this wall when it came to talking to Joey about it. What we really didn't get was when we had gotten offered to go out on the HEAVEN AND HELL/SABBATH thing with Dio, which we were just, like, unbelievably excited about, and Joey just straight-up didn't wanna do it, and we couldn't believe that. And then over about two months, it just basically came to the point where he just didn't wanna move forward with us. And no matter what we did, no matter what we said, no matter how much we tried, he just didn't wanna do it.

I find this a little hard to believe, after Charlie's pessimistic comments from the very onset of the tour. They let everyone know from the very beginning that the tour was for money and Joey was unwanted baggage.

What got me thinking was that Joey left (maybe) because he wanted more input on the record - And John says he was asked back with the intent of providing input. HHhhhmmmmmm.......

Well maybe the input Joey wanted to bring in wasn't really in line with what Charlie's looking for...