ANTHRAX's Scott Ian: "Joey's Fired Again"

I dont know but if you care that much then you should email the band and ask them. Or, if you don't like the band's setlist then you could always just choose to NOT TO GO SEE THEM. Bush is gone and he's not coming back so all these Bushthrax fans need to get over the fact that they're not gonna play those songs, and stop acting like they should. Would you expect Rob Halford to sing something off off Jugulator?

Again, missing my point. I'm not a Bushthrax fan and I dont speak for them. I like both eras (broken record). All I care about is Anthrax in general. I'm not losing any sleep over John not coming back. I will always go and see them no matter what. I like to show my support. It's about balance and the bigger picture but it seems like I'm among the 10 that can see that as opposed to the 5 that cant. LOL.

You keep saying this but it means nothing.

Yoy know what? I've incorperated and understood you and Kirlands point of view, not even disputing it in my posts but whatever man. To say seeing the bigger picture as meaning nothing clearly states that you will forever view your limited viewpoint. Some people will live in the never to be reasoned with basket. I'm not trying to change your mind or change your opnion. Say what you will.

It's shame then. I do see your setlist point, but some of those songs need a rest, like the cover songs and few others, throw in a few of the well know Bush era trax outside of Only and then most woupd be happy. That's all I'm trying to say. It's not about an argument. Just Balance. I admire Joey for stepping out of his comfort zone on the new album, proves he could sing that style, so why would it be so bad then if he sang Room 4 1 More or Fueled, WDD, Potters Field, Invisible, Inside Out? I'd say even the old schoolers know those songs and would love to hear Joey sing them. Is that so Unreasonable?

When I saw the Best Buy show a couple of weeks ago I heard at least 10 fans say they wish that they didn't play only, one of them being my buddy that was with me. He's a die-hard Anthrax fan and said that he wanted Joey to only do Joey era material. This is a guy that has seen them with Bush about 30 times and likes all those albums and he didn't want to hear those songs with Joey singing them. He wanted it separate. Other fans around me were saying the same thing; leave the other stuff in the past, stick with the classic stuff and the new album.

Bottom line; you can't please everyone.

When I saw the Best Buy show a couple of weeks ago I heard at least 10 fans say they wish that they didn't play only, one of them being my buddy that was with me. He's a die-hard Anthrax fan and said that he wanted Joey to only do Joey era material. This is a guy that has seen them with Bush about 30 times and likes all those albums and he didn't want to hear those songs with Joey singing them. He wanted it separate. Other fans around me were saying the same thing; leave the other stuff in the past, stick with the classic stuff and the new album.

Bottom line; you can't please everyone.

Fair enough for those guys and you. You cant please evryone. I think we should agree to disgree. It seems like you guys in the States are a litle more picky but that's OK.

I dont know but if you care that much then you should email the band and ask them. Or, if you don't like the band's setlist then you could always just choose to NOT TO GO SEE THEM. Bush is gone and he's not coming back so all these Bushthrax fans need to get over the fact that they're not gonna play those songs, and stop acting like they should. Would you expect Rob Halford to sing something off off Jugulator?

I can kind of see that point, but at the same time, every paying customer has the right to voice what they want to see. Its like, Im the fan, Im purchasing your product, how are you gonna know what I like more than I know what I like?

It seems like you guys in the States are a litle more picky but that's OK.

If the Bushthrax fans were in such high numbers everywhere in the world besides the United States they sure didn't show their support when the band couldn't sell enough concert tickets or sell enough albums to keep them from having to do a reunion tour in the first place. Bushthrax was a miserable failure and it is proven not by opinions but by the FACTS. The facts are that not enough people supported that era for them to be able to continue on. It was a losing battle that they finally gave in to. If you are a die hard bushthrax fan you are probably on the wrong forum. Maybe come back a few years from now and see if the band gets scared of the next big music trend and fires joey again. But for the next few years (at minimum) it is certainly going to be the Joey version of Anthrax no matter how much you complain about them not playing anything from that era besides Only.

If the Bushthrax fans were in such high numbers everywhere in the world besides the United States they sure didn't show their support when the band couldn't sell enough concert tickets or sell enough albums to keep them from having to do a reunion tour in the first place. Bushthrax was a miserable failure and it is proven not by opinions but by the FACTS. The facts are that not enough people supported that era for them to be able to continue on. It was a losing battle that they finally gave in to. If you are a die hard bushthrax fan you are probably on the wrong forum. Maybe come back a few years from now and see if the band gets scared of the next big music trend and fires joey again. But for the next few years (at minimum) it is certainly going to be the Joey version of Anthrax no matter how much you complain about them not playing anything from that era besides Only.

Funny how you make fun of me saying "you missed the point". This post just confirms that you continue to condemn yourself LOL. How many times do I have to say I'm not a Bushthrax fan, overlooked for your convenience hey?
Anthrax sold out all venues in Australia and a lot of Europe regardless of Era, did you miss that too? They were not 100 capacity dives either. 3000 to 4000 easily. Just goes to show that I can reason with you but you can only make fun of me. To say you own me is laughable. You look bad and unintelligent with you responses. Have a good day.

I can kind of see that point, but at the same time, every paying customer has the right to voice what they want to see. Its like, Im the fan, Im purchasing your product, how are you gonna know what I like more than I know what I like?

Excellent. Spot on. A 30 year history should be respected in the setlist. Period.

Hilarious! I thought the same exact thing. If he has nothing to respond with or knows he got owned he says 'you are missing my point' :tickled::D

Then why is there a big paragraph after I say it then? I pretty much address everything you are saying so what are you really trying to say here? Please explain.

Sign of the times regardless of who was singing. They were musically heading in that direction already on POT as people on here have agreed. Joey would have sung on those albums but they were out of his comfort zone at the time. It was personnel change and lable bankruptcy, now that's a FACT. No wonder they didn't get publicity from Stomp onwards, no wonder sales dwindled, it was a bad trend for metal on top of that the whole time, nearly all bands suffered to some degree. Don't misconstrue poor sales with "Bushthrax Era" bullshit. You only base your argument on the end result, not the root cause. Go ahead and ignore that as uaual. There were a lot of fans that may have loved and bought those albums if given the exposure. Dont give me that broken record of "I think those albums suck, so the rest of the world must think the same" crap. Have a Beer.