ANTHRAX's Scott Ian: "Joey's Fired Again"

Whilst I appreciate where you lads are coming from but to say their own songs? Um they are ALL Anthrax songs not simply Joey or Bush songs.

I would love to hear Joey do more Bush era music just like I loved hearing John doing Joey/Turbin era music too.

I know it's all Anthrax songs, but to me it's the same as I don't wanna hear Dave Lee Roth doing 'Pound Cake' or Sammy doin' 'Hot for Teacher'. That's all I'm saying. Nothin' against any of the vocalist. It's just my opinion which doesn't mean anything to anyone else. :D

I know it's all Anthrax songs, but to me it's the same as I don't wanna hear Dave Lee Roth doing 'Pound Cake' or Sammy doin' 'Hot for Teacher'. That's all I'm saying. Nothin' against any of the vocalist. It's just my opinion which doesn't mean anything to anyone else. :D

That would be quite funny if Van Halen toured and did 1/2 of Sammy Hagar's songs. I am sure the Van Halen fans are almost like Anthrax.

There are probably those small minority of idiotic fans saying that the tour with DLR was a mistake, and a bunch of people started putting 'bring back Hagar' on their forum avatars.

They also probably argue that the Sammy era was equally as successful and just as popular as the DRL era. And think the fans really want to hear the Hagar era songs just as much as the DLR era songs. Or think they should have DLR do half a set and then have Sammy come out and do the other half.

They also probably think even with DLR back they should still play 1/2 the Hagar era Van Halen songs.

Then if DLR decides to sing "Right Now" and it doesn't sound exactly the same as Hagar or he uses a different word in the song they will say how DLR sucks and they should bring back Hagar.

Then again there were actually some pretty good songs done with Sammy. His new album Chickenfoot III is really good

I would love to know which parts of the world the John Bush era is equally as popular as the Joey era. :tickled:

Put it this way. If Anthrax told the public prior to selling concert tickets that they were going bring John Bush back as singer for and do a tour in which they only played songs from the Bush era and NO songs from the Joey not many people would purchase tickets. I don't care what country you are in.

If you said it was going to be Joey on vocals doing only Joey era songs and NO John Bush era song it would be packed as evident by the reunion tour.

Even during the Bush years the majority of the fans that showed up were there to hear the Joey era material. The fans put up with the John Bush era material just to hear the Joey era songs.

On this forum there are John Bush era fans, about 10 of them or so. Outside of that I really don't know many Anthrax fans that care about any of the John Bush era material.

Go to a metal show and talk to the fans about the Volume 8 album or Stomp 442 albums and not many will even know what you are talking about. If they do they typically won't say good things about those albums

You make a good point, but most of it is relevant to the Reunion tour. That vibe was all about the old stuff. Considering the amount of "old schoolers" that Anthrax apparently burnt, them my theory on audience percentages stands. It stands to reason that you may not have met any Bush Thrax fans at gigs, considering you stance on that era, I don't think you'd be seeking them out somehow. At least when I go to gigs, I go to enjoy the show, I don't go asking who likes what singer/era. It's about Anthrax as a Whole, not about who's singning. I'm not ignoring the fact that the Joey era is more popular, just saying that there is still great stuff from th Bush era being left out, and Joey proved he can sing that way. Look at the bigger picture.

Whilst I appreciate where you lads are coming from but to say their own songs? Um they are ALL Anthrax songs not simply Joey or Bush songs.

I would love to hear Joey do more Bush era music just like I loved hearing John doing Joey/Turbin era music too.

Exactly Bro!

I'm not ignoring the fact that the Joey era is more popular, just saying that there is still great stuff from th Bush era being left out, and Joey proved he can sing that way. Look at the bigger picture.

Yes exactly, according to you and about 10 people on this forum and maybe AT BEST 10 percent of Anthrax fans. The other 90 percent never wants to hear that era's music ever again.... Maybe one day there will be a huge announcement that a John Bush era reunion tour is going to happen. They can play the entire John Bush era catalog and maybe get 100 people per show!

Yes exactly, according to you and about 10 people on this forum and maybe AT BEST 10 percent of Anthrax fans. The other 90 percent never wants to hear that era's music ever again.... Maybe one day there will be a huge announcement that a John Bush era reunion tour is going to happen. They can play the entire John Bush era catalog and maybe get 100 people per show!

There is no reasoning with you is there. I tried to be reasonable. I never wanted a Bush era setlist, just balance. I don't think you understood my post at all. You have a good way of twisting it to suit you case. I'm a fan of both eras, simple as that. You only view your limited viewpoint.

@Kirkland Where do you get a figure like 10%. That's bullshit. I have a LOT of friends who are Anthrax fans locally in Australia and abroad and the majority of us like both eras. To say AT BEST is a bit rich. No denying that the Joey era was the more popular but Metallica aside most metal bands popularity went into decline during the early 90s. I don't attribute Anthrax's reduction in popularity to the absence of Joey (it was a factor) but more to do with the simple fact that Grunge took over.

@Kirkland Where do you get a figure like 10%. That's bullshit. I have a LOT of friends who are Anthrax fans locally in Australia and abroad and the majority of us like both eras. To say AT BEST is a bit rich. No denying that the Joey era was the more popular but Metallica aside most metal bands popularity went into decline during the early 90s. I don't attribute Anthrax's reduction in popularity to the absence of Joey (it was a factor) but more to do with the simple fact that Grunge took over.

:worship:

Im happy with the setlist as it stands. However, I would love to see more gem obscure songs such as one man stands, now it's dark, gung ho, etc. Ticket prices are going up especially with all these VIP packages and such. I think it's only fair to suggest a longer than 90 minute set list. I remember when stomp 442 came out, it seemed like they played half that album at the show I went to. They played random, fueled, shotgun and in a zone. So I wouldnt mind a good chunk of their setlist being worship music.

I miss imf09. Because I won't get a response about how much stomp sucked. I love the whole FK'N LP except bare.

I like WCFYA and some of Volume 8. Stomp is the worst album they ever made. I couldnt even believe how bad that particular album was when I listened to it.

It's their take on pantera. It's so obvious. Dimebag even plays on it. Dropped D# tuning on almost every song. I know they started dropped d way before that but not on almost every track.

Vol 8 defo sounds like Pantera. Always felt that from the first listen.

That would be quite funny if Van Halen toured and did 1/2 of Sammy Hagar's songs. I am sure the Van Halen fans are almost like Anthrax.

There are probably those small minority of idiotic fans saying that the tour with DLR was a mistake, and a bunch of people started putting 'bring back Hagar' on their forum avatars.

They also probably argue that the Sammy era was equally as successful and just as popular as the DRL era. And think the fans really want to hear the Hagar era songs just as much as the DLR era songs. Or think they should have DLR do half a set and then have Sammy come out and do the other half.

They also probably think even with DLR back they should still play 1/2 the Hagar era Van Halen songs.

Then if DLR decides to sing "Right Now" and it doesn't sound exactly the same as Hagar or he uses a different word in the song they will say how DLR sucks and they should bring back Hagar.

Then again there were actually some pretty good songs done with Sammy. His new album Chickenfoot III is really good

Or it's like going to see Metallica and the set is something like

Until it Sleeps (replete with make up)
Slither
Cure
Better Than You
Hero of the Day
Ronnie
Unforgiven II/Unforgiven III
Mama Said
Poor Twisted Me
Tuesday's Gone
Low Man's Lyric
Bad Seed
Whiskey in the Jar
Carpe Diem Baby
Nothing Else Matters

Or it's like going to see Metallica and the set is something like

Until it Sleeps (replete with make up)
Slither
Cure
Better Than You
Hero of the Day
Ronnie
Unforgiven II/Unforgiven III
Mama Said
Poor Twisted Me
Tuesday's Gone
Low Man's Lyric
Bad Seed
Whiskey in the Jar
Carpe Diem Baby
Nothing Else Matters

I've been to countless of Metallica shows. Never one with this shitty of a set list. I remember seeing them in va beach sometime in the late 2000's. Man, I drove home back to DC pissed. It was one of the shittiest Metallica set lists. I wrote them off. They finally redeemed themselves a couple of weeks ago when they played orion, master of puppets and one at big four yankee stadium.