ANTHRAX's Scott Ian: "Joey's Fired Again"

Could you imagine what the audience would do if Anthrax played ONLY Bush era songs with Joey on vocals :yell:

Seriously though,

If Anthrax told the public they were never going to play another Joey era song again live they would have a very hard time selling 100 tickets to any shows anywhere in the world

If they said they were never going to play another Bush era song live they would probably see ZERO negative effects on ticket sales. In fact it would probably get more tickets sold :devil:

If Metallica said they were never going to play another song pre black album they would be hard pressed to sell many concert tickets

If they said they were never going to play another post black album song live they would sell MORE tickets than ever! Same thing

Could you imagine what the audience would do if Anthrax played ONLY Bush era songs with Joey on vocals :yell:

Seriously though,

If Anthrax told the public they were never going to play another Joey era song again live they would have a very hard time selling 100 tickets to any shows anywhere in the world

If they said they were never going to play another Bush era song live they would probably see ZERO negative effects on ticket sales. In fact it would probably get more tickets sold :devil:

If Metallica said they were never going to play another song pre black album they would be hard pressed to sell many concert tickets

If they said they were never going to play another post black album song live they would sell MORE tickets than ever! Same thing
something's telling me that ironmaidenfan09's spirit lives on in you.:lol:

Seriously though,

Have you ever been outside your own country? Here in Australia the same people sold out the Anthrax gigs regardless of the Singers, most european countries too. It's called being greatful and showing support through the hard times. In regards to Metallica, sold out 5 shows in Melbourne, didn't do that in their own country did they? I can tell you right now that the crowds sand just as loud for Ride the Lightning as for The Memory Remains. So I don't get your logic with that. Believe me when I always hear complaints about why they didn't play more "Bush Era", even during the reunion. Get to know the more open minded Anthrax fans and your perception will be less skewed. Just because you don't like something, doesn't mean it's not good or irrelevant.

. Believe me when I always hear complaints about why they didn't play more "Bush Era", even during the reunion.

Yeah I am sure during the reunion tour people were upset they weren't playing Bush songs. i guess that is where all the "JOEY JOEY JOEY" chants were coming from right?

You are oblivious if you really think that the reunion tour fans wanted to hear John Bush songs. Give me a break. The fans that bought tickets for those shows where there to hear Joey and his songs thats why they went. Not sure where you 'hear' these complaints. Then again you read the 10 people on here that feel that and think the general population must think the same thing. Not true... as evident i how successful the reunion tour was.

Yeah I am sure during the reunion tour people were upset they weren't playing Bush songs. i guess that is where all the "JOEY JOEY JOEY" chants were coming from right?

You are oblivious if you really think that the reunion tour fans wanted to hear John Bush songs. Give me a break. The fans that bought tickets for those shows where there to hear Joey and his songs thats why they went. Not sure where you 'hear' these complaints. Then again you read the 10 people on here that feel that and think the general population must think the same thing. Not true... as evident i how successful the reunion tour was.

Again you missed my point. That's OK. Keep talking about your own experiences as if it's fact all over the world. Everone can see that you fail reading comprehension.

I agree that sometimes I can be a broken record, but at least I try to make my posts make sense wether you agree or not and I don't say I'm right, time will tell with us all. I try to bring balance into the equasion. I'm very well aware that the Joey era is more popular, but not the the extreme song people make it out to be. Yes on a reunion tour it was appropriate to play old stuff only. That's along time over. All I am saying is that Anthrax has 30 years of material, regardless of the singer. Out of a 15 to 20 song set list, Anthrax is not going to lose fans if they included 5 to 6 bush era songs on a rotating roster type of thing. If you add up the "Bush Era" and Fans of Both against the Joey only Era, it's still a fair percentage. THIS IS THE POINT THAT KIRLAND AND IMFAN09 MISSED ALL THE TIME!! It's almost like just because they don't like that era, then Anthrax shouldn't play that stuff, kinda selfish don't ya think?

I agree that sometimes I can be a broken record, but at least I try to make my posts make sense wether you agree or not and I don't say I'm right, time will tell with us all. I try to bring balance into the equasion. I'm very well aware that the Joey era is more popular, but not the the extreme song people make it out to be. Yes on a reunion tour it was appropriate to play old stuff only. That's along time over. All I am saying is that Anthrax has 30 years of material, regardless of the singer. Out of a 15 to 20 song set list, Anthrax is not going to lose fans if they included 5 to 6 bush era songs on a rotating roster type of thing. If you add up the "Bush Era" and Fans of Both against the Joey only Era, it's still a fair percentage. THIS IS THE POINT THAT KIRLAND AND IMFAN09 MISSED ALL THE TIME!! It's almost like just because they don't like that era, then Anthrax shouldn't play that stuff, kinda selfish don't ya think?

But the reality is that they're ONLY gonna play ONLY. That's all you're going to hear. Joey has said it himself in multiple interviews. End of story so get over it. Talking about what you think they should do is pointless.

But the reality is that they're ONLY gonna play ONLY. That's all you're going to hear. Joey has said it himself in multiple interviews. End of story so get over it. Talking about what you think they should do is pointless.

You are probably right with that statement, but does it make it right? Joey seems to have a comfort zone with the songs he wants to sing. It's very restricting for the other band members. I know how this feels, it may be a reason Joey had been fired a few times in the past, who knows?It's the same stuff over and over. My point is that it's not just about what I want, I'm not that selfish. I'm looking at the bigger picture, nothing more nothing less.

You are probably right with that statement, but does it make it right? Joey seems to have a comfort zone with the songs he wants to sing. It's very restricting for the other band members.

Joey could sing any of those bush era songs. But with all the joey era songs to chose from why on earth would he want to sing some crappy john bush era songs? He knows the bush era material is not nearly as good as the material they did when he was in the band. They are going to play probably 5 songs from the new album and then Only. So that is 6 songs. Now they have 10 more songs at most to play.

Out of those 10 there will be 7 for sure that are:

Caught In a Mosh
Indians
Antisocial
Got The Time
I am The Law
A.I.R.
Madhouse

So now they are left with maybe 3 other songs to chose from.

I would certainly hope it would be at least one song from POT, one from SOE, and one from ATL.

It will probably be:

Be All End All
Among The Living
I'm The Man or something like that.

Joey could sing any of those bush era songs. But with all the joey era songs to chose from why on earth would he want to sing some crappy john bush era songs? He knows the bush era material is not nearly as good as the material they did when he was in the band. They are going to play probably 5 songs from the new album and then Only. So that is 6 songs. Now they have 10 more songs at most to play.

Out of those 10 there will be 7 for sure that are:

Caught In a Mosh
Indians
Antisocial
Got The Time
I am The Law
A.I.R.
Madhouse

So now they are left with maybe 3 other songs to chose from.

I would certainly hope it would be at least one song from POT, one from SOE, and one from ATL.

It will probably be:

Be All End All
Among The Living
I'm The Man or something like that.

It's shame then. I do see your setlist point, but some of those songs need a rest, like the cover songs and few others, throw in a few of the well know Bush era trax outside of Only and then most woupd be happy. That's all I'm trying to say. It's not about an argument. Just Balance. I admire Joey for stepping out of his comfort zone on the new album, proves he could sing that style, so why would it be so bad then if he sang Room 4 1 More or Fueled, WDD, Potters Field, Invisible, Inside Out? I'd say even the old schoolers know those songs and would love to hear Joey sing them. Is that so Unreasonable?

It's shame then. I do see your setlist point, but some of those songs need a rest, like the cover songs and few others, throw in a few of the well know Bush era trax outside of Only and then most woupd be happy. That's all I'm trying to say. It's not about an argument. Just Balance. I admire Joey for stepping out of his comfort zone on the new album, proves he could sing that style, so why would it be so bad then if he sang Room 4 1 More or Fueled, WDD, Potters Field, Invisible, Inside Out? I'd say even the old schoolers know those songs and would love to hear Joey sing them. Is that so Unreasonable?

I dont know but if you care that much then you should email the band and ask them. Or, if you don't like the band's setlist then you could always just choose to NOT TO GO SEE THEM. Bush is gone and he's not coming back so all these Bushthrax fans need to get over the fact that they're not gonna play those songs, and stop acting like they should. Would you expect Rob Halford to sing something off off Jugulator?