ANTHRAX's Scott Ian: "Joey's Fired Again"

More recent events have made me slightly unsure of the band being a safe source for information based on fact :)

Having said that, I've also read what you say about lack of label support from Elektra. I believe that I read it in the liner notes of the Stomp reissue that was released through Beyond Records (if I'm not mistaken).

Also Anthrax the band WiKi, and the Anthrax Bio at The Rolling Stone to confirm but a few sources which are quite independant from the band itself. So it's backed up. Anyway it's a very old argument now, I thought it had ended but soon as I truned my back...........most people on this board know the real deal, I'm content with that so I'll say no more, I don't need to. Horray!

Shit! How did I allow dragging myself into the discussions going on in this thread. I'm even at the risk of repeating my arguments....

I'm having a beer tonight. A friend gave me a couple of bottles of Monty Python's Holy (Gr)ail that I will be enjoying.
Well...hopefully. I've not had that beer before.

Sounds great. I may have a few Bourbons tonight.

At one point Elektra fired a ton of their A&R and essentially the bands that they signed. Whoever was the new Elektra head honcho at the time wanted the label to focus on R&B and could give a shit less about Anthrax and heavy music in general.

2) Let me guess, you will address this argument by stating it was 'bad times for this type of music'. S442 came out in 1994. Do you know that's the same year that Megadeth Youthanasia came out and went platinum in the States alone?? Do you know that the heavier, thrashy Slayer - Divine Intervention came out in the same year and was Slayer's most commercially successful album to date, even though the disc makes little concession to the trends occuring in the music world at the time. So what do we have here?: an album heavier and an album 'softer' than Stomp 442 both outselling it massively. Did you know that Pantera Far Beyond Driven was number 1 on the Billboard 200 in 1994? (Of course, together with a bunch of other Pantera LPs certified platinum during the 90s).

1995 not 1994. You just wasted your time writing all this. :lol:

Fuck all this hate and arguing. It's Friday. We finally got some rain in Houston and we're in for clear skies with highs in the mid 80's all weekend. Time for some drinking!

also:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teMlv3ripSM

Greetings, fellow Houstonian. Looking forward to that weather this weekend as well!

P.S. What good would this forum be without the hate and arguing? People wonder why there's drama on here, and it's like "Hello! We're discussing Anthrax here, remember?" HAHA.

Greetings, fellow Houstonian. Looking forward to that weather this weekend as well!

P.S. What good would this forum be without the hate and arguing? People wonder why there's drama on here, and it's like "Hello! We're discussing Anthrax here, remember?" HAHA.

"In the End" we are all passionate Anthrax fans.

My buddy's having an Oktoberfest party tomorrow. Should be awesome.

In The End is a horrible song.

@ The Medication. There was a change in management at Elektra prior to Stomp. She said to the band that she never would have signed them. Therefore Stomp had minimal pubilicty from the start. That killed the momentum going forward. FACT. Why don't you ask the band for varification? I think those other bands that were succsessful during that era had completely different label relationships. To make that comparison to justify your argument is silly. Go and drink some milk. I'm stupid because I disagree hahahahahaha.........I'm stupid because I bother to respond more like it hahahaha.

Bla bla bla. You still believe in Father Christmas right?