JOEY BELLADONNA: I Found Out ANTHRAX Reunion Was Over Via Internet

I don't think it would work... If the three (or eventually five) start a new band, nobody will interested. Sad but true. The name ANTHRAX is what these guys hang tohether.

I respectfully disagree. There is a lot of name recognition with Scott and Charlie and I think that they could do well putting together a band with some other "well knowns." Look at Velvet Revolver, Audioslave, and Army of Anyone just to name a few.

Either way---how big of a financial draw is Anthrax these days anyway? Don't get me wrong, they are freaking legends, but you still got fill the seats. Scott and Charlie are enormously respected as being at or near the top of the heap as far as influential guitar players and drummers go, so I think they could do well with a good supergroup project. Hell, get Mike Patton to sing or something cool like that (not likely, but that would be KILLER.)

For that matter, even Milano would rule. :)

Then look at sales of their latest records with the reunion line-up - they're pitifully low. All those records were sold under the name ANTHRAX. Do you really think they would sale more records under a different name??? I don't. How many metal heads care about Anthrax these days?? This band's rotting from inside...

Then look at sales of their latest records with the reunion line-up - they're pitifully low. All those records were sold under the name ANTHRAX. Do you really think they would sale more records under a different name??? I don't. How many metal heads care about Anthrax these days?? This band's rotting from inside...

I've argued this point with others recently. The reunion line-up didn't record any real NEW material. Live albums and best-of albums usually don't sell in big numbers right away. It usually takes a few years for them to sell if they do at all. The real test would have been a NEW album of NEW material. Since that's not happening, we'll never really know how well it could have sold.

Bear in mind that those records you're mentioning were pretty much redundant best-of's. So it's kind of self-explanatory that sales weren't too big on those.

Still I agree on what you're saying - under another name, they'd probably sell (even) less records. It's about the aforementioned general public, which is more likely to buy a new ANTHRAX record then one with a new, unknown name, regardless of the bandmembers' names.

This is another example of what I've been feeling for years, which is that Charlie and Scott are poor communicators to the other band members. I wouldn't be as diplomatic as Joey is being if I found out I am tossed out of a band by reading it on a gossip web site, but I guess he's trying to not burn any bridges.

I wouldn't be surprised if Danny didn't know either since he too was once subject to being tossed by a Scott-Charlie decision. He's not a part of the band either since Anthrax only has Scott and Charlie as members.

as far as poor record sales for the "best of" and "Live" reunion cd... not everyone buys "best of" or "live" , me personally I bought both of them, it was cool to hear them Live w/ Joey again , and the Anthrology sounded very cool re-mastered...
BUT...
Keep in mind.. albums/cd's aren't selling like they did 3 or 4 years ago..with internet piracy and P2P sharing networks etc. You can't expect something like the above mentioned to sell more than a new release of brand new songs...EVEN if John did a follow up to WCFYA instead of the reunion stuff...I would think sales would show a decline as well...
itunes...and downloading albums 2 months before they are released are def. hurting sales..the band makes their "real" money TOURING..which is why Anthrax...did so many tours the past 2 years...which is understandable...we all need to support our families...
With that said..there comes a point when you stop taking tours and make a new album for the fans... they let that point slip by, I believe

Glad that Joey's gone but I must say that this interview showed his class and kindness, much respect to him:headbang: No shit talking, just telling it like it is, he is a good man. Just want John back, his voice is absolutley sick and he is also a great person, met him a few times and he was always the greatest. Definitely a better fit, but if Joey's solo project comes to my town I'll be first in line!

yeah, man, I miss the Bush high fives I used to get :(

Fuck, I just miss seeing Anthrax period. This is the longest I have gone without an anthrax concert since right before WCFYA came out :(

(Nobody Knows Anything from Youtube)

:lol: :headbang:

I think it all comes down to one thing -

COMMUNICATION BREAKDOWN

When they came up with the reunion idea, they should have sat down with everyone and laid out exactloy what their intentions and hopes and plans were - they should have MADE some plans, for a start.

It all seems haphazzard and spontaneous, and I wouldn't wanna be John waiting on the sidelines to see if and when I was needed again nor would I want to be Joey and getting involved and emotionally attached to something that could be taken away from me all over again at any point.

Charlie and Scott have badly managed the whole affair, down to lack of thought rather than malice.

you can't "scan" i-tunes at a Best Buy or Mall store...i-tunes are sales...
But not "real" jewel case cd sales..which Billboard mag ranks..

Download sales count just the same as physical sales in the UK now, although this wasn't the case last time Anthrax released anything.

Joey could have gone to Billy Milano's message board where he posted it 6 weeks before anyone new.