Scream for me London!!!

Well, what can I say??? The Maidens first UK show was unbelievable!!! Sold the venue out which, according to Google, holds 800 people. I thought the crowd was literally going to wet itself with excitement when they started playing The Trooper and Kirsten ran out with the Union Jack and they pretty much outsang her on every single song!!! The setlist was absolutely brilliant with a couple of rare cuts in the form of The Duellists and Still Life and always happy to hear Rime in there. The meet and greet was mental, the guy trying to clear the venue had no chance!!! Ha ha!!! Was very happy to be able to chat to the girls for a bit after the show. Man, I've missed hanging out with you guys!! Ian was so impressed with your performance and loved you all. Said you were all very sweet. Can't wait until you guys come back and judging by the amazing response from the crowd, I don't think that will be too long. :D

And it was lovely to meet E.O.G from here as well. Lovely guy!! :D

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1460752412905.jpg
    FB_IMG_1460752412905.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 6
Reactions: E.O.G.
And it was lovely to meet E.O.G from here as well. Lovely guy!! :D

Aww...it was nice to meet you too,Jenna! Actually,I was waiting for you to post a topic about the show,'cos I really wanted to share my thoughts as well! :)

Yes,the show itself was a total blast,no doubt about that! Honestly,I did have my worries about how the extremely picky british audience will treat the ladies,but after the first minute,I saw everything will be A-OK. I've found the setlist a bit cautious,it felt like they would try to make sure that the "holy land" audience will surely get the Top 20 treatment. :tickled: Miraculously,I've been able to push myself as far as the second row,right in front of Courtney and Wanda,and I was part of that gang who tried to outsang Kirsten. :saint: But...my "performance" was probably appreciated by Courtney,'cos when the show was over she personally handed me her setlist,which I've found to be an extremely nice gesture! So yes...the show itself could not have been better for me!

But the meet & greet was quite a failure. Yes,it was partly my fault,I admit. I didn't want to bring the souvenirs I bought for the ladies to the venue,so when the show was over I rushed to my car which parked about 300 yards from the place. As soon as I got there I realized I left my keys in my jacket which was still in the cloakroom! :brick: Rushed back to the venue,got my keys,back to the car and then I realized I left my CDs at home! :brick: I went back and started waiting downstairs. 10 minutes later I've found out that the meet & greet was upstairs! :brick:Went upstairs and it was still so crowded so I waited patiently,that's when I recognized Jenna,so we had a little chat. It was still crowded,but I couldn't wait,so I went to Courtney,and as soon as we started to have a chat,someone from the crew came out and said they had to go now to catch the ferry to Holland! :OMG: So I had to chat,giving them the gifts,and snap a few pics in a real hurry! I was barely able to talk to Kirsten and Linda,couldn't get a pic with them,and I really wanted to!!! :cry: Definitely not how I planned!

All in all...the show was a massive success,therefore I'm pretty sure there will be another show (or even a UK tour) next year. The promoter has to be a blithering idiot if he won't book the band for more. So...I really do hope I'll be able to have a decent chat with ALL of you ladies,and take some quality pics with you. Bigger venues and more dates on my wish list...maybe Cardiff...;););) Until then...it was great,and love you ladies!!!

WOW!!! Now I get to watch the show too! LOL! Thanks so much for posting all the links!!!! It was SO GOOD to see you Jenna and to finally meet Ian! EOG, nice to briefly make your acquaintance! Yes, we will be back next spring! Keep your eyes posted for details in the coming months! \m/