Screamfest 7-8 November: My last gig with Borknagar

As some might know, I arrange the annual metal festival Screamfest in Oslo, and it’s only a month left till its second edition is a fact. Not only am I arranging the festival – I’m playing my very last gig with Borknagar there too (the infamous farewell-gig?).

Screamfest has a pretty crushing line-up this year: Immortal, Sodom, Candlemass, Borknagar, Keep Of Kalessin, Moonsorrow, Bal-Sagoth, Grave Digger, The Batallion, Nightingale, Hate, 55 Escape and The Zeronaut.

As a musician I’d like as many people as possible come and see my last performance with Borknagar. As an arranger I’d like to see as many people as possible attend this festival. Check www.screamfest.no for info and spread the word! Use the banner!

See you at Screamfest 7-8 November!

Glad to see you back on the Bork forum Asgeir, if only to announce your farewell performance :/
That is one hell of a lineup for the festival.

By the way, a random question now that you're on the forum...I was watching the Kamelot DVD the other day and you're in the "thanks" part of the credits. How and why? My two guesses are:
(a) You did some graphics/design for them
(b) You introduced Shagrath to them.
Am I right?

Glad to see you back on the Bork forum Asgeir, if only to announce your farewell performance :/
That is one hell of a lineup for the festival.

By the way, a random question now that you're on the forum...I was watching the Kamelot DVD the other day and you're in the "thanks" part of the credits. How and why? My two guesses are:
(a) You did some graphics/design for them
(b) You introduced Shagrath to them.
Am I right?

Well, I gave Roy Shagrath's telephone number, but the "thanks" was mainly because of the drums they borrowed from me for that show.

Awesome, just need to book a flight, and I'm ready to see Borknagar live. Are you going to do anything special since it's your last Borknagar gig?

I'm in some major financial trouble right now, but I'm going to keep trying!
Hotels are expensive as fuck and flights keep going up, lovely!
Going this festival is more important than anything right now though.

I wish I could go, but the low dollar against the Kroner/Euro, US markets tanking, and nearly the entire US banking system collapsing like a house of cards is putting a wee damper on plans. Oopsie. Best I lay low and save my pennies for now. Not the best financial time for Americans to visit Europe! :lol:

I'll be there in spirit!

As some might know, I arrange the annual metal festival Screamfest in Oslo, and it’s only a month left till its second edition is a fact. Not only am I arranging the festival – I’m playing my very last gig with Borknagar there too (the infamous farewell-gig?).

Screamfest has a pretty crushing line-up this year: Immortal, Sodom, Candlemass, Borknagar, Keep Of Kalessin, Moonsorrow, Bal-Sagoth, Grave Digger, The Batallion, Nightingale, Hate, 55 Escape and The Zeronaut.

As a musician I’d like as many people as possible come and see my last performance with Borknagar. As an arranger I’d like to see as many people as possible attend this festival. Check www.screamfest.no for info and spread the word! Use the banner!

See you at Screamfest 7-8 November!

That's great, hope everything works out fine!

Damn I really wish I could go, but I've just checked and it's €972 to get to Oslo from here (with two stops, Panama and then Schiphol, Amsterdam). And I don't have €972 :rolleyes: :Smug: . The bands are really good, I love Moonsorrow and Candlemass, and well... Borknagar hehe. The trip is worth for the latter alone, but I can't really afford that.

Europeans of this forum (mainly Isjungfrun) should be calm and wait till this "crisis" and the paranoia that comes with it diminishes.

And it is not even on December, so the prices won't be that high. So just wait because a lot of people take advantage of the crisis and raise the prices of everything, even if they don't need to. Just wait, just wait. You're really close to Oslo, you don't have to cross an entire ocean, so please go for all of us that have to cross one and can't go.

I really wish I could go :erk: .

Well, I gave Roy Shagrath's telephone number, but the "thanks" was mainly because of the drums they borrowed from me for that show.

Wow that's really interesting I didn't know that! I love that concert, I must admit it is one of the best I've ever seen and have on DVD (along with Blind Guardian's, The Gathering's "A Sound Relief" and In Flames' "Used and Abused). That concert was really good, and the production is amazing! :headbang:

Wow that's really interesting I didn't know that! I love that concert, I must admit it is one of the best I've ever seen and have on DVD (along with Blind Guardian's, The Gathering's "A Sound Relief" and In Flames' "Used and Abused). That concert was really good, and the production is amazing! :headbang:

If Asgeir's kit sounded that good on the Kamelot DVD, it would have sounded incredible on a Borknagar live DVD...:cry: