Screamfest gig- report

Oct 29, 2008
I'm wondering if anyone using these forums was at the gig last night?

I guess you saw Øysteins comment on Lars who became a Dad about 15 minutes before the rest of us walked on stage, off course he was at the hospital and not on stage he he... Big cheers for Lazare!

It was a bit strange to play without keyboards, but it reminded me of the tours we did with Cradle of Filth in Europe and Emperor in USA, we had no keys then either. The songs comes out different live than on the albums, so I'm always curious to hear what the audience thinks when we have performed live. If any of you see any reviews or comments please link em up here.

I want to thank Asgeir for his magnificent work in Borknagar for the past years, he did a great gig last night.

I also have a strange feeling that venue wont be seeing many more metal concerts. I hope everyone understands that Immortals cancelation Friday was due to the venue being sensationally unprofessional, it cannot be blamed on either Scream Fest or Immortal. Amatures...

Playing gigs like this is very vitalizing, I'm up for a few more ;-)

-------------Jens

Wish I could have gone to see.

It was a bit strange to play without keyboards, but it reminded me of the tours we did with Cradle of Filth in Europe and Emperor in USA, we had no keys then either.
I've seen videos of those, but at that time, most of the songs that were performed didn't have as much synth/organ usage as now.

I guess you saw Øysteins comment on Lars who became a Dad about 15 minutes before the rest of us walked on stage, off course he was at the hospital and not on stage he he... Big cheers for Lazare!

It was a bit strange to play without keyboards, but it reminded me of the tours we did with Cradle of Filth in Europe and Emperor in USA, we had no keys then either. The songs comes out different live than on the albums, so I'm always curious to hear what the audience thinks when we have performed live. If any of you see any reviews or comments please link em up here.

I want to thank Asgeir for his magnificent work in Borknagar for the past years, he did a great gig last night.

I also have a strange feeling that venue wont be seeing many more metal concerts. I hope everyone understands that Immortals cancelation Friday was due to the venue being sensationally unprofessional, it cannot be blamed on either Scream Fest or Immortal. Amatures...

-------------Jens

Sounds like you had fun! And now instill this attitude to the rest of the members and come to Canada. A lot of European bands like to do small tours of Canada first, then they end up coming back on full US/Canadian tours. Hope to see you guys in North America in the coming years!

Sounds like you had fun! And now instill this attitude to the rest of the members and come to Canada. A lot of European bands like to do small tours of Canada first, then they end up coming back on full US/Canadian tours. Hope to see you guys in North America in the coming years!

Yes, a North America tour would be awesome, since not all of us are capable of traveling to Europe. That would be the best thing ever.

I'm glad you guys had a good time playing, maybe it's time for more concerts? :)

It's sad because Borknagar is a great band, but well, lack of concerts obviously affects how many people are going to know about the band. It's always nice being an underground cult band, but a gig every now and does not hurt anyone, at all.

It's a pity that Lars couldn't play, very ironic, but again I'm glad everything went fine with his girl and son :D .

It's a pity that Immortal couldn't play, that sucks. At least Borknagar did :) .

Jens Fredrik Ryland said:

-------------Jens

And we are all extremely happy about that comment :kickass: . I don't know if that was a hint of more coming gigs, but if not do tell your bandmates that concerts with Borknagar are always needed, for the sake of our mental health :Smug: .

Wish I could have went, had my ticket, but my college dictated otherwise.

That "went" should be "gone" :p . Pity that you, as well as Isjunfrun, couldn't go : ( .

First of all. Congratulations Lazare & all the best to Asgeir...

I was at Sceamfest. It was a pretty good event but it should have been so much better. The Immortal thing really affected the atmosphere, you could see alot of very disappointed people & I was one of them but complaining about it won't change what happened. Besides, my main reason for travelling to the fest was to see Borknagar & that was still to come so it wasn't all bad.

I was right at the front so I sound could have been in better position if I wanted to say just how good it sounded but I thought the sound was really good. I was really impressed by Andreas's vocals on Colossus (in particular). I have always wondered how that would sound & I am very pleased to say that it sounds very good indeed. It would have been great if Lazare had've been there too but if there is one acceptable excuse for not being there then I suppose becoming a Father would probably be it. :)

I waited around to get some kind of goody for my goody box. I ended up with Øystein's setlist. He walked back across the stage to start packing up & I called to him. He came over, signed the setlist & spoke to my friend & I for a few minutes. Borknagar have been one of my favourite bands since shortly after I picked up my first album of theirs which was Quintessence in 2000 I guess. So to meet the THE man after all that time was a real honour & the fact that he gave me a few minutes of his time just made the whole trip worth while... @ Øystein. :worship:

I took a vid of Colossus which is pretty terrible but I put it on youtube anyway. I took a few pictures on my friends camera which I will post on here when I get them from her.

[ame=http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=wpdXqeA6ZbI]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=wpdXqeA6ZbI[/ame]

sany1240rw1.jpg

@ Lakeside Hammer: Wow, lucky you! :headbang: Thanks a lot for posting the video, I was really looking forward to seeing some footage from the concert. I'll add it to my favourites now :) .

The quality of the video is terrible hehe, but at least we got to see something. The band seems in good shape, considering that their last gig was oh like 5 years ago :p .

Did Mr.V have his hair long when they did the last gig? Was it that long ago :p ?

Oh and I have friend who lives in Dorchester, I've been to Dorset too, it's really nice :) .

@ Isjungfrun: Don't cry, hopefully there will be more gigs with Bork in the near future, try to be happy :) .

Audio doesn't sound to bad, but it needs more vocals. Sounds like it was a good gig though. Wish I could have been.

@ Lakeside Hammer: Wow, lucky you! :headbang: Thanks a lot for posting the video, I was really looking forward to seeing some footage from the concert. I'll add it to my favourites now :) .

The quality of the video is terrible hehe, but at least we got to see something. The band seems in good shape, considering that their last gig was oh like 5 years ago :p .

Did Mr.V have his hair long when they did the last gig? Was it that long ago :p ?

Oh and I have friend who lives in Dorchester, I've been to Dorset too, it's really nice :) .

@ Isjungfrun: Don't cry, hopefully there will be more gigs with Bork in the near future, try to be happy :) .

I think their last gig was somewhere in 2006. They played at Inferno, and later that year a one-off gig if I'm not mistaken. from the footage I've seen of the Inferno '06 show, Mr. V had short hair (and he was wearing a totally un-metal but very nice striped green sweater :) ) it should be on Youtube.

Thanks for posting the video, it seems that the band is in really great shape.

What a i love from borknagar ( apart from music) is they seem (are) really normal guys..don´t how to explain..just regular people that are in metal scene ( or whatever you call it), just for the love for music,and that´s something i really appreciate.

Waiting for new album more than never!!