Screamfest gig- report

I think their last gig was somewhere in 2006. They played at Inferno, and later that year a one-off gig if I'm not mistaken. from the footage I've seen of the Inferno '06 show, Mr. V had short hair (and he was wearing a totally un-metal but very nice striped green sweater :) ) it should be on Youtube.

Oh really? I thought they had not done a gig in a very long time. But before that one in '06 when was the last one? 2003?

According to unnamed sources (re: just surf UM forums... lol) Immortal's sound check / fireworks test set off the fire alarms, and supposedly they were told not to use fireworks beforehand.

Ah that sucks, I'm not really a big Immortal fan but I guess many people wanted to see them.

sany1240rw1.jpg

I will trade you signed Symphony X poster, signed by the whole band for that. I'll throw in a Sonata Arctica Signed setlist as well and an Elias pick :lol: I'll even add a 2x2 Quintessence Poster :p

I will trade you signed Symphony X poster, signed by the whole band for that. I'll throw in a Sonata Arctica Signed setlist as well and an Elias pick :lol: I'll even add a 2x2 Quintessence Poster :p

Symphony X are pretty cool, I have seen them a couple of times & I have quite a few of their albums but I'm afraid you would have to do a hell of a lot better than that. ! :Smug::)

Thanx for the video, next time would you mind giving me a little frametime? he he

About that Immortal concert: They were cleared from both the venue and the firedepartment to use fireworks and they had guards taking care of the alarmsystem. Still the alarm went off only using stage- smoke, and the whole building was evacuated 10 minutesd before they were due on stage. Then the venue
had decided that they couldn't use any smoke or pyro after all and that was a contract- breaker for Immortal. So they decided that they didn't want to do a set that was reduced by 45 minutes due to the delay and with no smoke or pyro effects, so they cancelled.

Then the venue had decided that they couldn't use any smoke or pyro after all and that was a contract- breaker for Immortal. So they decided that they didn't want to do a set that was reduced by 45 minutes due to the delay and with no smoke or pyro effects, so they cancelled.

haha that's weak. what a waste of their precious make-up!

Why would you want something signed for someone else? :loco:

It's amazing how many people want things like that, considering how high those types of items sell on e-Bay. It's senseless IMO :rolleyes: .

Thanx for the video, next time would you mind giving me a little frametime? he he

About that Immortal concert: They were cleared from both the venue and the firedepartment to use fireworks and they had guards taking care of the alarmsystem. Still the alarm went off only using stage- smoke, and the whole building was evacuated 10 minutesd before they were due on stage. Then the venue
had decided that they couldn't use any smoke or pyro after all and that was a contract- breaker for Immortal. So they decided that they didn't want to do a set that was reduced by 45 minutes due to the delay and with no smoke or pyro effects, so they cancelled.

Ah so that's what happened, it's a shame that they didn't play, but it's perfectly understandable.

Well, that sucks. But at least you guys got to see Nightingale play Black Tears before the show ended! What joy I have been denied living across the pond!

Nightingale too?!? Ohhh :( .

1. Congratulations to Lars!!

2. How did you handle the keyboards/keyboard parts? Another keyboard? Triggered samples? A Stunt Lars?

3. Either way, it sounded like an amazing show!

Hey Jens, I'm very sorry about the lack of frametime. I was wondering if anyone would notice that. :oops: The guy standing next to me was kind of blocking my view if I went across to you. I got a bit of video with you in it but most of that footage is of his hair & elbow. If you think the quality of the vid I posted is bad then you should see the other one's got. I will make you a deal, if you & the rest of the guys come & do some gigs in the UK, I will stand on the right hand side facing the stage & get plenty of footage of you then post it. :) Thanks for the show. It was probably the fastest 45 minutes of my life.

About Immortal. My main reason for attending the fest was because Borknagar were playing so it didn't affect me as much as others. The fact that Immortal & Bal-Sagoth were to play also, seemed too good to be true & that's just how things ended up. It was too good to be true. I understand that Immortal have a reputation to live up to but if their set had been reduced to 5 minutes I would have still appreciated hearing just one song. I don't like that band because of the amazing shows they have put on in the past. I like them because I like their music. I am not that excited by flames & bangs. It was Guy Fawkes night on th 5/11, I watched a firework display & got bored after 3 minutes so it's a shame that such a pointless aspect of the show caused it to be cancelled. I would be surprised if I was the only one who was in attendance who felt that way but like I said before. Complaining isn't going to change much...

Why would you want something signed for someone else? :loco:
Just to have it? And since Borknagar unfortunately will probably never come here, and because I have a lot of stuff I've had personally signed for me, one thing that isn't is still worthy to frame on the wall next to the rest!
Symphony X are pretty cool, I have seen them a couple of times & I have quite a few of their albums but I'm afraid you would have to do a hell of a lot better than that. ! :Smug::)
Can't blame me for trying... Like what would you want? :p
LOL, sorry guys, it appears that the show airs TOMORROW, not tonight. Got the flu, so brains are all messed up :p

LOL, I see well I will make a note of that :p thanks for the heads up on that I'd have been waiting for a while.