Screw the Halo movie

The Halo movie got dropped. Peter Jackson was working on it when funding was pulled, so he took on District 9 instead.

ODST does look tight.

according to Bungie's Joseph Staten...the movie is on hold until Halo games are complete.

And there are rumors that Steven Spielberg will be directing it, if they go through with it. This was from an update I seen like 3 weeks ago.

I think Jackson would be a better choice as a director.

I agree. Neil Blompkamp also helped with District 9. Like you said Jackson was supposed to direct the Halo movie along with Blompkamp.

Apparently that wasn't the whole trailer either...according to the press release. There's another version that has yet to be posted that's 2:30 seconds long. So we'll have to wait and see how that turns out.

EDIT: As far as the movie goes...I just don't understand why they put it on hold...Sure it's probably a 250 million $ project, but I mean there is no doubt they'll make 100's of millions more in profit once it hits theatres, released on DVD, etc...Not to mention it's supposed to be a trilogy of movies.

It would be interesting to see a Halo movie.
Also heard that a Rainbow Six movie is in the making, as if that series hasn't already been raped beyond recognition.