Sea Of Life - live??

Dogs_Of_War

Jan 5, 2005
Coventry, England
I've got quite a lot of recordings from past tours and I've never seen this one played live.

Would absolutely love to hear this live (maybe on the upcoming tour?). Its a cracker imho.

:worship:

They played it in Gothenburg on the Metalhead-tour, Biff handling the bass & Nibbs joining Doug & Paul on guitar.... pretty powerful stuff I can tell you!!!

That song is simply great & they really should use it in their live-set!

I asked Biff about playing 'Sea Of Life (Y'er b'stard)' live when we were in Sheffield, and he said they have a few songs of this style to choose from to play. With 'Red Star Falling' being another song in this vein, I doubt if 'Sea Of Life (Yer b'stard)' will get an airing on this tour. Which is a shame because I love 'Sea Of Life (Y'er b'stard) and would love to hear it played live.

So Biff, if your reading this, play Sea Of Life, y'er b'stard!

Was a bit more than 30 people on that gig but I've seen Saxon with like a handful of people here in Stockholm though. First time I ever saw them, on the Dogs of war tour in -94 at Daily News, me and a pal of mine and maybe 6-7 other people watched them and then there were a few people hanging in the bar drinking beer having no clue what was going on. But I've never got so close to the band at a gig since and for me it was just awesome really - like getting your own personal gig - and as you all know no matter how few people attending they always put on a great show.

its in some club isnt it with about 30 people and biff on bass and nibbs on electric.

what was that about?

I saw Saxon on the Dogs of War tour in Cornwall at the Colleseum, a venue which holds 2500 and there was less than 100 people in the place. It was embarrassing.
However, it is still probably the best gig I've seen Saxon play and they ended up playing for all but 3 hours as they were so chuffed with the crowd response!
Awresome night out.

i was at bradford st georges on the same tour ( dogs of war )
and there were the same ammount of people there about 100
theres nothing wrong with the album so it must have been really bad promotion work for the tour
talking of which
why havent saxon got a decent spread in kerrang advertising the tour