Searching for a backup software

Flow Of Time

Oct 6, 2012
Hey guys,
I'm searching for a backup software that manages doing two things:

1.: Creating an image of my entire hard drive
2.: Backing up selected folders additionally

Does anybody know such a software (ideally freeware)?

1) Try this one's: Acronis True Image - simply the best one; if you are on PC use Windows Backup and Restore (yes, it works perfect)
2) I use SyncBackPro for this purposes

Seems I have to go with two sepperate tools then.. Do you know about how long it takes windows to image let's say 500gb? Is it true that I have to close all my programms (even the virus scanner) during that process?

I had tried to used that at work in the past and ran into problems. Reflect has worked great for imaging hard drives. We are a small automotive shop and use laptops for diagnostic work. We keep extra laptops on standby so we can swap hard drives if one gets dropped or whatever. So far so good...

I have read about setting up a NAS and having backups stored there, which is a great idea. Maybe run the NAS with two mirrored drives so you get redundancy (RAID 1?).

I do not know right now software or anything that will do that..but surely it's out there...

If your mostly concerned about backing up your audio projects, check out Gobbler. https://www.gobbler.com/

I want to backup my whole system, so I don't have to reinstall everything if my hd dies one day.
In addition to that I wan't an extra backup of my most important folders (for example my projects).

Do you know about how long it takes windows to image let's say 500gb? Is it true that I have to close all my programms (even the virus scanner) during that process?

It takes about a 7-12 minutes with an Acronis tool.

Is it true that I have to close all my programms (even the virus scanner) during that process?

The answer is no, in most cases. But for my expirience the best to use disk clone tools is to boot from live cd/usb.

Acronis True Image WD Edition (free) and FreeFileSync.

Both work very very well. Freefilesync lets you set up a batch backup as an icon. You click the icon, and it does it's thing.