Searching For Band Members

Dr. Rocky

New Metal Member
Sep 3, 2004
I Am from jordan my Name is Rocky i'm constructing a black/death metal band i'm the vocal if you can play bass guitar keyboard DRUMS please reply on this this is urgent
any band needing a black or death metal vocalist please send me i also write my lyrics :hotjump:

I play darts and bridge. If I'd been located in Jordan, I would've given you a ring. Jokes aside, try the Self Promotion or Musicians Discussion forum.

keyboardist
and an extra songwriter wont do any harm on the contrary this is for the best of the band am from amman

So let me get this straight... You don't play any instruments, you just want to be the vocalist of a bm band? Not that it's a bad dream or anything- I'd love to just be the vocalist of a metal band. There's hardly any work involved! Am I right about you not being able to play an instrument? How would you even show your ideas to the other members? Hum it? Jeebus... sorry to be blunt, but you're basically saying "I don't know a thing about writing music but if you join forces with me I'll do the fun part." I mean, not to sound like a dick but is that the gist of it?

i'm learning some guitar but i haven't got the skill to play in a band as guitarest but i got the voice i will download some of my voice samples on a site as soon as i put them you can judge i have shown these to my friends and they are currently searching for me i know the X DRUMMER of VIRGIN KILLER he is now IN Germany HE was MY CLassmate I Have sent him my samples and waitting for replayah and thats whay i said any band MISSING A VOCAL contact ME may be my mistak was in the title i should've written seeking a band to say the truth
and about your balls you can close your F@kin' mouth with them as they are no good to any one here asshole

i forgot to say my friend plays the guitar and he offered help not perminantly till finding the right one as he has his own band

Dr. Rocky said:
i'm learning some guitar but i haven't got the skill to play in a band as guitarest but i got the voice i will download some of my voice samples on a site as soon as i put them you can judge i have shown these to my friends and they are currently searching for me i know the X DRUMMER of VIRGIN KILLER he is now IN Germany HE was MY CLassmate I Have sent him my samples and waitting for replayah and thats whay i said any band MISSING A VOCAL contact ME may be my mistak was in the title i should've written seeking a band to say the truth
and about your balls you can close your F@kin' mouth with them as they are no good to any one here asshole

Hehe, pullin an all nighter tonight, so I gotta keep sane...

Anyway, the ability to do growled vocals is really not too uncommon. To a certain extent, every member of my band(there are three of us) can do both low and high growled vocals. Granted, not all of us sound as good in certain styles as others(mike sounds like yoda on crack when he tries highs) but if all three members can growl whats the use of a vocalist with nothing more to contribute? Now if you can sing...that's a different story isn't it? My advice- either practice guitar, or practice actual singing. Don't be too hyped to get into a serious band before you have any real musical skills.

ShadowOfDeath said:
In all seriousness i've wanted to start a small NH black metal cult. Too bad everyone here is a bunch of wiggers.

Whereabouts new hampshire?

Raymond/Manchester, both are totally faggot in terms of people who play instruments. They either want to do punk or classic rock.

Anyway, the ability to do growled vocals is really not too uncommon. To a certain extent, every member of my band(there are three of us) can do both low and high growled vocals. Granted, not all of us sound as good in certain styles as others(mike sounds like yoda on crack when he tries highs) but if all three members can growl whats the use of a vocalist with nothing more to contribute? Now if you can sing...that's a different story isn't it? My advice- either practice guitar, or practice actual singing. Don't be too hyped to get into a serious band before you have any real musical skills.

thanx man for your advice i love to hear some of your work where can i get any of your mp3's
and in what style does the band sound like?

Are you going to start a band over the net? Because I doubt you'd find many people here that are from Jordan. I wouldn't mind doing some guitarwork here and there once I get my recording ability and recording gear into motion.

My band has a vocalist who didn't have any musical background except he used to play all these brass instruments when he was in primary school, he doesn't know how to read music and such. THe only instrument he plays apart from his vocal chords is his didgeridoo and other random ethnic instruments. Yet he's contributed to much of the music my band writes because of his weird sense of rhythm and musical influences(he listens to metal mainly but also listens to trance, electronica, world music).

Hatebreed said:
Raymond/Manchester, both are totally faggot in terms of people who play instruments. They either want to do punk or classic rock.

I live in Manchester, near the mall. I agree, too many punk and classic rockers. Not enough metalheads. Especially for the more extreme genres. I have a friend of mine who is slowly being converted, and taken over by Black, and Death Metal to a point where he flipped out when he saw an Exhumed shirt at our school.

Are you going to the Northern Agression Metalfest at bombshelter Oct. 1st, and/or 2nd? I should be going to that unless it's 18+.

Do you have AIM? My name is IAmShadow0fDeath. Fucking great to find a real metalhead in the area. I've started twisting a couple souls like Euronymous did, but there's still a long way to go before eternal graveland worship through ravenwoods on the night of the full moon, haha.