@Seattle people

Lies and Perfidy

Gentleman of the Road
Nov 27, 2002
Washington, Washing-Ton
thefinger.wordpress.com
So I've been living up in Washington for about a month now (though I would not yet consider myself "settled"), and I'd like to start lookin for some live music and good local bands. Some dude on the bus told me Studio Seven was a good place to see shows - now I just gotta figure out what bands are worth going outta my way to see.

Assume that the most obscure Seattle band I know is, uh, Nevermore. I'm mostly into thrash, speed and power metal, but I'm getting more into black these days (though I prefer the eastern European folkish stuff) and I do like a little death along the lines of Behemoth or Immolation. Hit me, and thanks much.

weapon within aka kevin's band. I saw them live twice and they put the other bands they played with to shame. They are like nevermore without being nevermore or ripping nevermore off. same idea imho, and that idea being awesome.
End theory was cool until they broke up. (death/thrash/hardcore kinda thing)
Only human is good too(death/thrash/meshuggah). Chris (their guitarist) is a cool dude, i talk to him at shows.
Studio 7 is in the shittiest neighbourhood possible, and is hard to get there. It is in the southern end aka industrial era. But it has the best sound possible, and the coolest security dudes. weapon within at studio 7 was epic, i could hear all the instruments, and the low end pounded my balls, and the guitars had sex with my ears. Really awesome venue, too bad it is in a shit area.
El corazon, is closer to downtown, it is off the freeway on eastlake. The sound is kinda shitty/half decent.
showbox, has the best location imho, and a decent/good sound. I saw destruction and co at seattle metal fest there. it ruled. It is very easy to get to showbox it is a block away from pike place market.
Those are the venues i've been to, and those are my fav local bands.

If people be in Seattle at a certain time, I'm there. Any good shows? I'm usually there as well.

I was going to say End Theory but I remember Shannon telling me that they finally broke up. He's been doing this Alice in Chains cover thing, I think.

Two bands to check out are Xanther and Dimn. They mostly play shows in the Tacoma area (Hell's Kitchen) but are well worth it. I've only seen each band once (I hate dealing with tons of people) but I know all the guys from both bands personally so I know what kind of musicians they are.

Also, if you're in a chill mood and want to check out a Tool-esque band, check out In Lunar Blue. I used to work with the guitarist and the drummer. They're pretty fucking good live, or they were the last time I heard them.

haha and this one's for Isabel!

Saturday, July 7 2007 • 21 + OVER
Mike Thrasher Presents
SunnO)))
Earth
Weedeater
Wolves in the Throne Room

There's a vent on the side wall of the venue and if you stand on the dumpster underneath it you can see the stage through the grating. There's always that :D

July 20th Wolves w/ Mayhem. Its at studio 7, and all ages. Which I may hit up... depending on how much this bonus check coming is. Wolves is getting a 45 minute set!

so right now my July is looking so fucking awesome... Immortal on the 15th in LA, Mayhem w/ sigh on the 18th in LA, and then Mayhem w/ Wolves on the 20th in Seattle, then back home.