Oct 12, 2002
Visit site
1. Demon of the Fall
2. The Baying of the Hounds
3. In my time of need
4. Wreath
5. Heir Apparent
6. The Drapery Falls

I thought the show was fine, though the sound did not sound as clean or clear as the Dream Theater set and Mike's vocals were not really coming through.

It was great to see the band perform again and I will see them at their headlining show in September.

The Drapery Falls! Oh man! And you get another show in September... don't know how lucky you are.

yes a real treat...Drapery Falls as a closer, my 3rd time having the pleasure of seeing them perform it live.

and yeah i agree with what was said above, i thought overall the sound was great, but mikes vocals, particularly the longer growls, didnt come through that well.

Mike's vocals started out a tad low, but sounded great after a few minutes of Demon of the Fall. I'm impressed with how spot-on he his with his vocals in spite of having a cold!

Also, anyone else think that his guitar tone (especially his lead tone) is one of the greatest sounds on this earth? So friggin' sweet!

I think it was actually a really good setlist considering the short set-time. Heir Apparent is a beast live.

I can't wait until September.

man i HATE wamu theatre.... for sound and the shitty $9 bud lights. the visuals and lights are amazing, but the sound was horrid, did anybody else hear thet high pitch sound that kept echoing during "tbot hounds"?

oh yeah, did anybody else see that crazy lady at the bar right before opeth came on get pulled out of the place by a bunch of cops?

she was some crazy hippie lady for the DT show. awesome stuff, she was WASTED!

Just out of curiosity, I see mention of a headlining tour this fall, but the dates aren't listed on the Opeth web site, am I missing something?

Scott

Mike mentioned after finishing The Drapery Falls that Opeth was going to do a headlining tour in September for their new album and they hoped to see us there.

So I will be :headbang:.

Does anyone know BTBAM's setlist? I'm guessing it would have just been Sun of Nothing & Ants of the Sky, but yeah I'd be interested to know for sure.

Their Prog Nation setlist is Ants Of The Sky and White Walls, but their setlist supporting DT/Opeth on offdates has been Ants, Prequel, Viridian and White Walls.

man i HATE wamu theatre.... for sound and the shitty $9 bud lights. the visuals and lights are amazing, but the sound was horrid, did anybody else hear thet high pitch sound that kept echoing during "tbot hounds"?

Yeah that was fucking annoying as hell. Anyway, did you see when Mike went to rock out stage side left he put his leg up on a speaker and almost knocked it off the stage hahaha I forget what song that was though.

Yeah wamu sucks massive balls, what do they expect? When a death metal band plays extreme double base and growl vocals its gonna have mad reverb and distorted sound indoors. Most of the time Per was difficult to hear, at least from my side of the stage, and most of the time the vocals were hard to hear over the bass.

On a side note, for all those Watershed and/or Heir Apparent haters, wait till you hear it live, imo it is when of their most powerful songs live its fucking bomb. If you liked it before you will have trouble hiding an erection. Also, they should keep Wreath in their setlist I am hoping next time there will be a place to mosh because that would create some o_O mosh pits.

Does anyone know BTBAM's setlist? I'm guessing it would have just been Sun of Nothing & Ants of the Sky, but yeah I'd be interested to know for sure.

Their Prog Nation setlist is Ants Of The Sky and White Walls, but their setlist supporting DT/Opeth on offdates has been Ants, Prequel, Viridian and White Walls.

Just like Duncang said, it was half of Prequel, Ants, Viridian and White Walls.

I was quite disappointed with the short set list but Opeth's set made up for it. Though, I was hoping for Deliverance but oh well, they still fucking rocked the place.

Also, BtBaM's sound was all fucked up; you couldn't hear the solos for shit.