Second Great Tour of 07'

4acidbath4

Jan 5, 2006
yo moms house
KILLSWITCH ENGAGE, DRAGONFORCE, CHIMAIRA and HE IS LEGEND will team up for the first annual No Fear Music Tour, set to kick off in early 2007. Exact cities and dates will be announced soon.

KILLSWITCH ENGAGE's new album, "As Daylight Dies", sold just under 60,000 copies in the United States during its first week of release to debut at position No. 32 on The Billboard 200 chart. The CD is the follow up to 2004's Grammy-nominated album "The End of Heartache", which is nearly certified gold and 2005's gold-selling DVD "(Set This) World Ablaze".

DRAGONFORCE's "Inhuman Rampage" CD has sold 94,000 copies in the United States since its June release, according to Nielsen SoundScan. The follow-up to 2004's "Sonic Firestorm" was recorded at Thin Ice Studios in Virginia Water (Surrey) and guitarist Herman Li's own studio in West London between April and September 2005, while production duties were shared between Li, fellow axeman Sam Totman and keyboard player Vadim Pruzhanov.

Ferret Music has set a March 6, 2007 North American release date for CHIMAIRA's new album, "Resurrection". The CD will be issued in Europe via Nuclear Blast Records.

CHIMAIRA began recording "Resurrection" on October 2 with the production team of Jason Suecof and Andy Sneap (MACHINE HEAD, ARCH ENEMY). The band filmed a video for the title track off "Resurrection" on December 6-7 in the Los Angeles area. The group will headline "Chimaira Christmas 7" on Wednesday, December 27 at the House of Blues in Cleveland, Ohio. Also scheduled to appear are DEMIRICOUS, FOREVER IN TERROR and BOWEL.

Now there's a tour I'll be attending. KSE and Dragonforce will make it worth it.

Not that Dragonforce fits in the tour, but.... lol

Yeah, I'll be skipping both of the tours you have called great. This one only has Dragonforce that is worth seeing imo.

1st great tour of the year is Dark Funeral/Enslave, 2nd is Destruction/Sadus/Municipal Waste

Sometimes I don't understand the elitism on this board. Sounds like a kick ass tour to me.."retarded 14 year olds" and all. A talented band is a talented band...I hope they hit Atlanta!

I've heard that they're going to the Tabernacle, but don't quote me on it just yet since I don't know where my friend heard that.

Dragonforce put on such an excellent show last time they went through here that I think I must go.

okay its getting better. Fans of DF catch them while you can, there is no way they will be able to keep up with the pace of their music for long :p

Meh, not that great of a tour, for me anyway. I used to like Chimaira, so they would be the only catch for me, don't care for the 2 other bands and I don't know who He Is Legend is

It's because Dragonforce just isn't that good. I saw them on the Protest the Hero tour and it was exciting at first, then got old quickly. I like their albums up to Sonic Firestorm, but seeing them live (which usually seals the deal for me loving a band) did more to get me out of them. Another skip-tour.

Sometimes I don't understand the elitism on this board. Sounds like a kick ass tour to me.."retarded 14 year olds" and all. A talented band is a talented band...I hope they hit Atlanta!

If I came here and posted a tour featuring Jay Z, Beyonce, & Eminem and people flamed my audacity to call it "so and so" great tour of the year, would you still complain about elitism? Talent may be talent but musical preference rules over all and to be basically saying you're the end all in determining the best tours is BS. Instead of going on about great tours, just make the thread about the tour. You'll get fewer sarcastic replies. I've already had a local Dragonforce show with a bunch of emo"metal" bands. I'll skip this round.

My first show of the new year will likely be Switchfoot in March. They've been great the last two times I saw them before they got pretty popular. And z0mg, they're not metal! They're actually a rock band with a lot of christian themes!!!!!
May think about seeing Overkill, Metal Church, Meliah Rage, Roadhorse, Humanity Abandoned but I don't know if I would travel to another state for that show as I don't think it's coming to my area.

If y'all wanna see a helluva entertaining stage show, see Killswitch and just watch everything Adam D. does as he runs around like a madman on stage. We saw him two weekends ago down in Toledo, and it was HILARIOUS. Yeah the music ain't up to ProgPower standards, but the entertainment and stage presence of this band is top quality.

And then seeing Dragonforce is always freakin awesome!

And I can drink during Chimaira.

My first show of the new year will likely be Switchfoot in March. They've been great the last two times I saw them before they got pretty popular. And z0mg, they're not metal! They're actually a rock band with a lot of christian themes!!!!!
May think about seeing Overkill, Metal Church, Meliah Rage, Roadhorse, Humanity Abandoned but I don't know if I would travel to another state for that show as I don't think it's coming to my area.

-I've never heard or seen Switchfoot. Are they similar to Skillet? I've only heard sample tracks from that band but they're allright.
-Is this Overkill/Metal Church show a tour or a one-off? If it's a tour, sign me up! I'd definitely go out of state for this if I had to.

Dragonforce is meh to me. Chimaira is decent. KSE? Meh. and who the other is i have no clue. Now, this is not to knock anyone. If you enjoy it, fine. Me personally?" I will not commit suicide if I miss it.
Now,Thank God my fiance works in Hong Kong and her family is in the Philippines. She's gonna try to boot the Edenbridge/VoA show at HITEC on New Year's Eve. We'll Catch Neruda and a bunch of bands in Cebu in January. As the Lite Beer commercial once said, "Ahhhhhh, Life is good."

PS - I know, I know...."Who the f@@k is Neruda?!?" They are a prog metal act from the Philippines.

Peace,
Ray C.

-I've never heard or seen Switchfoot. Are they similar to Skillet? I've only heard sample tracks from that band but they're allright.
-Is this Overkill/Metal Church show a tour or a one-off? If it's a tour, sign me up! I'd definitely go out of state for this if I had to.

Switchfoot is actually quite good, and Overkill is doing a tour.