Second Sky label negotiations?

batmura

Sea of Tranquility
Nov 1, 2001
www.seaoftranquility.org
Hey Dan,

If it's not something you want to keep a secret, could you talk about your label plans for Second Sky? That album must be perfect in every aspect, including packaging and production.

I wonder if you've ever talked to the guys in Inside Out. They're easily the best prog label in the world with a very dedicated following. I think so many people would be ecstatic to discover your talents.

And, has there been any update on Second Sky musically as of late?

Cheers Dan!

Murat

I remember Dan once telling me that The End Records had expressed interest in signing Second Sky. I wonder if this still holds true or not?

We signed to The End 3 years ago. They have good distribution in the US (Sony..or something like that) and I hope that Andreas is willing to license the record for the EU market if The End doesn´t establish a good distribution here by the time the record is here. The cover art is made by Travis Smith.
The musical progress is extreme in Second Sky terms!! There is yet another vocalsession happening tonight when we hope to nail "The Celine Dion song"...hopefully not the final title ;)
There´s is one lapsteel solo and one "normal" leadguitar left to record...

then it´s time for mix.

This sounds so awesome. I hope Travis does something unique and original, it seems a lot of metal art these days is done by the same 2 or 3 guys and their style is very...same-ish. I think Dan made a smart move with The End, InsideOut is too big and too commercial.

I nailed the leadvocals for the "Celine...song" now called "Forever in my heart". Not much left of the Celine Dion vibe...ha, ha!!!
This song showcase my vocalregister from the lowest low to the highest high (Not "Steel" high though...) a really nice song. KInd of 70´s ballad meets EmoSymfPompShowgaze...ehh...
2 more to go ("Souldiving" and "Almost in Paradise") then maybe hardest and most mindboggling job of all. Da Mix!!!

About the coverart. I will try to push him in a more Roger Dean meets Hugh Syme direction.
I will not settle for anything but the best!!! Ever!!

I hope when recording is done, that you have an easier time finding the right balance when mixing the songs than you did with White Darkness.

Can't wait for more updates!