SECOND SKY????

It'll happen when it happens, and no sooner. Just don't hold your breath. Dan is like Blizzard. They don't release anything until it perfectly meets their standards. And that's a good thing.

Wasn't the last news that it was completed on 13th December? So I guess just waiting for a release date now.

Throw a few samples to the fishes? :D

It'll happen when it happens, and no sooner. Just don't hold your breath. Dan is like Blizzard. They don't release anything until it perfectly meets their standards. And that's a good thing.

yeah but you gotta admit that with Second Sky this notion was taken a little bit to the extreme. No album should take this long to be made, not even if you want it to be perfect.

yeah but you gotta admit that with Second Sky this notion was taken a little bit to the extreme. No album should take this long to be made, not even if you want it to be perfect.

I trust Dan's judgement concerning when he wants to release his magnum opus that he's been working on for half his life.

Thanks for asking.

The album is coming along nicely.
If all goes according to plans, we will re-record the drums with Peter Damin in Soundlab starting Sunday next week.
The original drumrecording is fantastic playingwise, but It isn´t recorded as well I need it (It was done with a mobilestudio in Peter Damin´s little red house in May 2004)
Once the drums are re-recorded, I am one step closer to getting where I want this album to be soundwise.

I am sorry to keep you waiting, but the album will be out when it´s ready. This is a very special album for me (and for Peter Edwinzon too) so there is nothing to be gained from releasing this album before we both feel it is as good as it can be.

I just want to clearify that I have in no way been working non-stop with this album. There have been many periods of 6-7 months where I haven´t even opened the folder on the harddrive.

I am actually happy that it´s taken so long. These songs deserve the best treatment they can get, and my current computer and speaker setup is the best I have ever had and I have learned so much about mixing and mastering since this album was initiated.

Den som väntar på något gott....

Dan

any idea who will release it?
I think The End Records is going to put it out. Dan might have confirmed it himself.

Also check this:

The End Records is proud to announce our latest signing:

Second Sky "Souldiving"

Line-Up:
Dan Swan� ? Lead Vocals, Piano, Synthesizers and Guitar.
Peter Edwinzon ? Bass, Backing Vocals, and Piano.
Session Drums and Percussion: Peter Damin.

After 15 years of an extremely prolific musical career in the metal underground Dan Swan� decides to go back to his musical roots and put his most personal project in the works. The band was formed from the demise of Unicorn in 2000. Dan and Peter, who have known each other since 1987, created Second Sky as the musical continuation of Unicorn and derive inspirations from Marillion (85-95 era), Kansas, Asia"s first two albums and the "non-prog years" of bands like Genesis, Pink Floyd, and Yes, among others.

The scope is Post-Prog with a strong emphasis on big choruses and great vocal hooks. The material has been in the works for over 10 years and still every small detail is carefully selected and takes shaped at the band"s own studio. In the same scope a huge emphasis is put on the lyrics with concepts that range from very personal to fiction. To achieve the right right emotional vibe the album will be recorded in a little cottage on the countryside just outside �rebro, Sweden using a high quality mobile recording studio. The album will most likely feature some guest appearances by talented musicians on vocals and guitars, but as the album is far from ready, it"s to early to mention any names yet.

(Source: The End Records)

Link: http://www.archaic-magazine.com/showband.php?bid=5177

Cheers!

We still have a contract with The End. We have sent them some roughmixes from time to time and they totally support my attention to detail and We love 'em for that!!! We will most likely film some hot drumming from the "re-recording of drums" session Peter Damin at Soundlabstudios on Tuesday. Keep your eyes open ;)

Dan,

What kind of setup do you have (PC, software and hardware wise)?

Thanks.

P.S. I haven't posted here in years! Funny how life gets in the way.

From unisound.se

Work in progress.

Current Projects:

Battlelore
Book Of Black EArth
Vendetta
MyGrain
Ironwood

Coming right up:

Omnium Gatherum
The Project Hate
Ava Inferni
Exeloume
Machetazo
Bucovina
Spectral Mortuary
Night In Gales
Erevos
Arbitrator
..and more.

seems Second Sky has dropped off the list... could this mean something? :Smokin: