Second Sky -- when?

batmura

Sea of Tranquility
Nov 1, 2001
www.seaoftranquility.org
Yet another thread on Second Sky. Back in 2004, Dan said it should be out in Sep or Oct 2005. Well, then there were some changes in plans and all... so I was wondering what's the scope on it now?

Is the new Nightingale coming out before Second Sky?

According to Lord's amazing interview, Dan also seems more interested in metal now, even though he always called himself a proghead. Well, how does that affect his plans for Second Sky do you think?

Maybe he'll do another Bloodbath or the Edge of Sanity compilation before he gets to Second Sky.

That would be a shame. Sure I could wait another 5 years cause Dan's always said this was gonna be special. But I'm sort of bummed he never talks about it anymore.

Comments?

By the way, I *really* hope the new N'gale turns out to be more more, something like I or Closing Chronicles, and not so hard rock. Alive Again and half of Invisible had enough rock songs me thinks.

I think Nightingale is more of the heavy side, where Second Sky is dedicated to those lighter tunes. I too am psyched for both of these albums, hell anything, from "the man". My prediction (and this is just a guess) is that either or both of them will be out at the very end of the year or the start of '07. We'll just have to see

According to Dan Second Sky and NG will be '07, dut Dag seemed to thing NG could be '06. So, we'll see.

Also according to Dan, NG is going on a more dark direction, doing (I guess) a bit more depressive stuff; whereas Second Sky is going to be "feel-good music".

mylovedenied said:
According to Dan Second Sky and NG will be '07, dut Dag seemed to thing NG could be '06. So, we'll see.

Also according to Dan, NG is going on a more dark direction, doing (I guess) a bit more depressive stuff; whereas Second Sky is going to be "feel-good music".

yeah, there's no blood chilling scream at the end of "emotional waisteland" and "ever since"