Second Sky - when?

batmura

Sea of Tranquility
Nov 1, 2001
www.seaoftranquility.org
Now that the new Nightingale got released, Dan did Novembers Doom, is he doing to focus on Second Sky or are there other plans?

When can we expect this project? I so need to see Dan going "all prog" again, unlike the last two Nightingale discs which were 50/50 hard rock and prog mixed.

Dan? :)

Although i love Nightingale, i'm also interested in Second sky. have to be another singer though otherwise it'd just be Nightingale.
And on prog, I've been on a real pink Floyd junket lately, so hopefully were talking 70's prog here and not this pretentious wankery that exists today with 15 minute long solos and time changes out of left field.
oh yeah no pressure Dan :loco:

Hey guys...If you want to get a glimpse of Second Sky...listen to the "water cleanse my eyes...." section of "The Wake" + the most bombastic non-vocalsections of "Eternal" blended with the guitarlead part of "Uncreation". Unicorn fans already know what it sounds like. Second Sky is Unicorn, but out of respect for the past we changed the name...too many Unicorn´s out there anyway. You can also start plugging the remastered version of Seasons End from Marillion. Tracks like "King of sunset town", "Easter", "After Me", "The Release", "The bell in the sea" is the law!!!

Nightingale is going in a darker direction and Second Sky will make you feel good...
The bands will never clash musically from now on.

Damn that sounds really promising.

Actually The Wake is my fave song from Invisible (actually I don't care too much for most of the songs on that album) and Eternal is my fave Nightingale song ever.

From Unicorn I only know "At the end of the brigde"...

I also really like to hear Nightingale going in a darker direction (again).

Ok, thanks Dan, at least we have a distinction between the 2 bands. And I have no problem with dans vocals. i'm a huge fan, just thinking that like too many side projects out there they all start to sound the same.
hell get a cat on heat on vocals get dan to produce and i'll buy it :)

I know about the other second sky. I started using the phrase in Unicorn songs 15 years ago...John Wettonm sang it in "Danger Money"...so it´s no problem for me. I know there´s plenty of Unicorn, Nightingale bands out there....but there´s more than one Dan, Ove, Benny, Sture out there too (But only one Dan-Erland, right mother???)

That's sooner than I expected! what else are we gonna hear from you in 2005, Dan? or are you going to put all your efforts into making Second Sky a worthy follow up to Unicorn?

Hey Dan,
I thought about Second Sky today, and asked myself if there is a possibility that the girl who was doing vocals on "Emotional Wasteland", will apear on the SS album? Her voice is really good an at least I would like to hear more from her. :)

Dan Swanö said:
Second Sky is Unicorn... You can also start plugging the remastered version of Seasons End from Marillion. Tracks like "King of sunset town", "Easter", "After Me", "The Release", "The bell in the sea" is the law!!!

Nightingale is going in a darker direction and Second Sky will make you feel good...
The bands will never clash musically from now on.
:OMG: oh wow MUST HAVE.

Unicorn said:
Hey Dan,
I thought about Second Sky today, and asked myself if there is a possibility that the girl who was doing vocals on "Emotional Wasteland", will apear on the SS album? Her voice is really good an at least I would like to hear more from her. :)

Funny, I asked Dan that same thing a few years ago, wondering if he would ever work with her again. The way Dan told it, she (asa Jonsson?) is now a famous gospel-type singer in Sweden and he would never be able to afford her services, unless she could nail everything on like one take. This right, Dan?