Self-titled album's songs... with Russell!

Nov 20, 2006
Chicago
If you could pick ONE, and only ONE song from Symphony X's self-titled debut for the band to re-record and have Russell sing on, what would it be and why? I'm not saying vote for your favorite song from the first album (oh, so many precious gems!), but rather which song you think would suit Russell's voice the best.

- Into the Dementia is disqualified because it's an instrumental
- Masquerade is disqualified because it's already been redone
- Shades of Grey is disqualified because even Russell couldn't save it

Why the hate for Shades of Grey? It's better than most alternative stuff on the radio.

lmao Zach! :D

I have listened to Symphony X for about six years and yet haven't heard the self titled album. Except the remake of Masquerade´98. :lol:

Man, you're missing out. Well, pretty much the one really cool aspect of the self-titled is the craaazy shredding. Romeo must've been like, "Well, the production's not that great, the singer's not that great. I'm just gonna rip as hard as I can to save this."

Man, you're missing out. Well, pretty much the one really cool aspect of the self-titled is the craaazy shredding. Romeo must've been like, "Well, the production's not that great, the singer's not that great. I'm just gonna rip as hard as I can to save this."

And that's always the best way to overcome the problems:lol:

Rather than pick one, let's just have them re-record all of the songs (Minus masquerade, Shades of Grey and Into the Dementia) into another huge epic song!

It shall be dubbed:

A Premonition to The Raging Absinthe and Rue: Taunting the Pain Brought by Thorns of Sorrow will surely teach you A Lesson Before Dying.