Selling A Denim Jacket!

i dont give them credit or acknowlegde their importance because then id have to for every other previous band such as the rock n roll genre that i do not even listen to, this is what posers do, ioh my fave band is bullet but i love thrash... fave song? enter sandman.................. FAWKORFFF lol

also what i hate about them = his voice, their over ratedness, their sound. so nothing to like for me...

i also tried to listen to metallica, i lent an an album off my mate i dno wat it was had a hammer and blood on the cover and i also lent evile etg at the same time. listened to evile was like WAW then put metallica on and got fuckin bored. plus at this time i heard erm horsemen or something? a version of mechanix and had to say mechanix to me was a million times better this was before the megadeth fanboyism kicked in tbh so yeah i just naturally dont like them or probably ever will :)

Metallica are still one of my fave bands, but they are highly overrated, but credit where it is due they have influenced countless bands, some good, some awful.
Without Metallica I wouldnt have some of my favourite bands
But Megadeth owns Metallica anyday of the week

I thought this was about a guy who wanted to sell his denim jacket. Must have read wrong. :lol:

lmao

610x.jpg

any takers for this lovely jacket :D

!BTzmycQB2k~$(KGrHgoH-E!EjlLl0T+JBKK(RfoQO!~~_1.JPG

!BTznKQQBWk~$(KGrHgoH-CcEjlLlzSkuBKK(SyMdj!~~_1.JPG

someone divided by zero on the back of it though lol

I don't neccessarily deny Metallica's importance, but bear in mind that Exodus were around at the exact same time. There were so many thrash bands around at the same time as Metallica that I don't usually feel that they deserve ALL the credit just because they were one of the first to release an album under the thrash moniker.

As for mindlessly slagging them off, I try not to do so but the mood grabs me sometimes when I just have to have a laugh. if people get butthurt because someone over the internet can name 20 bands that are far more wothy of thrash discussion than Metallica (for example) then they should be banned from the internet. And dressed up as Kelly Brook, locked in a room with Matt and.... well, you see where this is going. Good to see that theres at least a couple of people on here who aren't just telling me to die because I told them I thought Metallica suck.

And Diddy, you didn't just divide by zer- *gets sucked into wormhole*

if it contains what its about its promotion if id posted summit else it wudnt have been, just cos i dissed it and personally dont like it dnt mean no other cunts gonna go oh he dnt like it i wont get it i posted it to get the thread back on topic hence the trainn how can you not see it? and dave's hallucinating i think hes on lsd :D

I don't neccessarily deny Metallica's importance, but bear in mind that Exodus were around at the exact same time. There were so many thrash bands around at the same time as Metallica that I don't usually feel that they deserve ALL the credit just because they were one of the first to release an album under the thrash moniker.

As for mindlessly slagging them off, I try not to do so but the mood grabs me sometimes when I just have to have a laugh. if people get butthurt because someone over the internet can name 20 bands that are far more wothy of thrash discussion than Metallica (for example) then they should be banned from the internet. And dressed up as Kelly Brook, locked in a room with Matt and.... well, you see where this is going. Good to see that theres at least a couple of people on here who aren't just telling me to die because I told them I thought Metallica suck.

And Diddy, you didn't just divide by zer- *gets sucked into wormhole*

I'm not getting butthurt, and I didn't tell you to die, and I think you backed up your opinion very well. And yeah, I know all about Exodus, and Razor and all that... it's just that in popularising the genre it's impossible to think that there would have been many of the bands we love without them, so they surely deserve a bit of respect as opposed to constant bashing. Metallica bashing is so old everywhere that it ceased to be funny at some point fairly soon after Napster and the Camp Chaos vids... yeah, I know taking the piss out of Lars is pretty much unavoidable, but really it's like shooting fish in a barrel isn't it? It's just because they're a big band that they're an easy target...

On the contrary my stealthy primitive friend, I don't like Metallica because I think all their albums - bar their first two - are shockingly bad. People always give me the 'You just don't like them because they're not kvlt' treatment, or the age old 'You're just a Megadeth fanboy' rant, but I genuinely just think Metallica are a sack of wank. I'd hardly call them a class A thrash band, and even though only their aforementioned CDs hold any interest to me I wouldn't even rank them in a top 100 list. Except RTL on the very rare occasion.

So nerrrr. Not all people who dislike Metallica are tr00 n3kr0gr1m kvlt kids.

Thrasherdave is just a victim of stereotyping.

There are Megadeth fans that hate Metallica for reasons known, and there are thrashers that hate Metallica for reasons known, but Dave isn't one of them.

Fuck I love Metallica till death, there are maybe one or two songs that bore me, and I've never been able to find anything about them that I hate (except for Lars' ego). But if someone has listened to Metallica, and say that they don't like them, that's fine with me.

For someone like diddy, who would just shut Metallica off due to Megadeth fanboyism, that's an opinion about Metallica that I can't stand.

There are songs that Dave never really wrote (with the exception of solos). Songs like Hit the Lights, Motorbreath, Whiplash, No Remorse, Anesthesia (obviously), and Seek and Destroy. Cliff wasn't even present when they wrote the songs. Then you look at Ride the Lightning, which has less Mustaine material, and more Cliff material.

Even as a die hard Metallica fan, I can acknowledge Megadeth's technical prowess, and so can Lars (OH GOD!!!). I just don't listen to Megadeth because it has too much of a punk attitude and not much of a metal attitude, and I can't stand Dave's vocals (though he can sing better than me).

But as an answer to the MoP backpatch thing, a MoP backpatch would be too well known. I see more Metallica fans wearing a Master of Puppets shirt than I see wearing a Kill 'Em All shirt, as a matter of fact, I've NEVER seen someone wear a Kill 'Em All shirt.

I'm not getting butthurt, and I didn't tell you to die, and I think you backed up your opinion very well. And yeah, I know all about Exodus, and Razor and all that... it's just that in popularising the genre it's impossible to think that there would have been many of the bands we love without them, so they surely deserve a bit of respect as opposed to constant bashing. Metallica bashing is so old everywhere that it ceased to be funny at some point fairly soon after Napster and the Camp Chaos vids... yeah, I know taking the piss out of Lars is pretty much unavoidable, but really it's like shooting fish in a barrel isn't it? It's just because they're a big band that they're an easy target...

I wasn't saying that you were one of those butthurt weblurkers mate, no worries there :)

A Metallica debate could go on for a whole damn thread but since this is one for Dan's jacket I'll just leave it be. You pose a very good argument and yes, they do deserve some respect as much as I hate to say that. Agreed, Metallica bashing is old, but come on - the mere mention of the Angry Saint album (I daren't type it's proper title in fear of an uncontrollable laughing fit) is enough to make anyone throw up with amusement. Easy target they may be, but only because they released that. I don't bash them for kicks, I bash them with opinion as you've seen :) Except Lars. Because hes a prick.

/Rant.

Thrasherdave is just a victim of stereotyping.

There are Megadeth fans that hate Metallica for reasons known, and there are thrashers that hate Metallica for reasons known, but Dave isn't one of them.

Errr... I don't know whether thats an insult or if its praise...

.....o_O

I wasn't saying that you were one of those butthurt weblurkers mate, no worries there :)

A Metallica debate could go on for a whole damn thread but since this is one for Dan's jacket I'll just leave it be. You pose a very good argument and yes, they do deserve some respect as much as I hate to say that. Agreed, Metallica bashing is old, but come on - the mere mention of the Angry Saint album (I daren't type it's proper title in fear of an uncontrollable laughing fit) is enough to make anyone throw up with amusement. Easy target they may be, but only because they released that. I don't bash them for kicks, I bash them with opinion as you've seen :) Except Lars. Because hes a prick.

/Rant.

Errr... I don't know whether thats an insult or if its praise...

.....o_O

It wasn't an insult