sellings of A Natural Disaster

PY said:
yeah but me i don't care about money, i'm talking about "recognition" you know. but maybe i shouldn't care about it too and just listen to the music...
I know what you're talking about, but the simple fact is hype and promotion costs money. Anathema have been steady sellers for years with a strong fan base. So its a safe bet for the label not to give them such a big push cos they'll still sell 'X' amount of albums, regardless to having full page ads everywhere and so on. Judgement was hyped up to fuck, and it didnt really work enough, although it attracted a whole new crowd to the band.
Anyway, me chips are ready.

aye yer not wrong there... ;) sounds like a festival breakfast i always have - hamburgers and a beer :tickled: :ill:

i used to wake up with crisps, coca cola and a fag.
i fucked up my intestines with that
blamedog.jpg

Come on, If the band sold 1 million A.N.D they wouldn't complain though .... I'm not saying that's what they're trying to do at all. But if it happened to you Dunc for instance, wouldn't you be happy to receive a good income for a few months ? ;)

cedarbreed said:
Come on, If the band sold 1 million A.N.D they wouldn't complain though .... I'm not saying that's what they're trying to do at all. But if it happened to you Dunc for instance, wouldn't you be happy to receive a good income for a few months ? ;)
Im just saying its down to the label to give the band a decent push. The label=businessmen, decent promotion + hype= sales. FFS!
Is it that hard to understand what Im trying to say? or do you lot always think Im trying to be all cryptic and that?

what are the average sales figures of anathema albums? anybody?

any way, my sandwiches are ready. chips and curry...aarghhhh!

Strangelight said:
Im just saying its down to the label to give the band a decent push. The label=businessmen, decent promotion + hype= sales. FFS!
Is it that hard to understand what Im trying to say? or do you lot always think Im trying to be all cryptic and that?

Well I misunderstood you, in fact I raed too fast ;) I totally agree with that : its down to the label to give the band a decent push. The label=businessmen, decent promotion + hype= sales. FFS!

HAPPY END *STRIKES A MAJOR CHORD*

cedarbreed said:
Well I misunderstood you, in fact I raed too fast ;) I totally agree with that : its down to the label to give the band a decent push. The label=businessmen, decent promotion + hype= sales. FFS!

HAPPY END *STRIKES A MAJOR CHORD*
Hey less of the major chord business, its just not doom!
Heres a question right? Why did Nirvanas - Nevermind get so popular?